My 19 month old little girl...What do i do???

Ok my daughter keeps taking her diaper off no matter how many times i put it back on and shes got this new thing she undresses herself all the way every morning. is this normal and what can i do? please help

irishmama0607

Asked by irishmama0607 at 1:18 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes normal. I know people that either duck tape the diaper, put them in one piece (without feet) and put it on backwards so she can't get to the zipper.
    NiHao

Answer by NiHao at 1:21 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Duct tape. Seriously. For the diaper, at least. Can't help you with the clothes. Turn up the heat, I guess.
    Jmum

Answer by Jmum at 1:21 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I ended up having to put one piece outfits that button in the back on my daughter if I wanted her to stay dressed. It took a couple months for her to out grow that obsession lol. Good Luck!
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 1:21 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Time to start potty training!
    Central_IL_Mom

Answer by Central_IL_Mom at 1:24 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Potty training if you think she is ready. We did duct tape also. :) BTDT. HUGS
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:35 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Spank her butt and tell her no!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• My son is notorious for taking off the diaper as well. He started that when he was 16 mos old and it was not time for potty training. He just did it because he could. He still won't keep his clothes on but I did buy him some onesies to wear until he got out of the diaper stripping phase. Now he will keep his diaper on but never clothes. I don't care. I just let him run around naked all day. I feel his body and hes warm..very warm, so I let it go. He hates to sleep in clothes either. My other son is the same way and so is my husband. I let them do what they want. Try the onesie thing and see if it will help her keep the diaper on.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:44 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• its normal... maybe its time to potty train her too... Tell her she has to go to the big girl potty if she doesnt wear a diaper..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:55 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Although I did not have that problem, I am guessing that the bigger deal that you make of it, the more your daughter will keep on doing it. I bet she will get tired of it if you ignore it a few times.
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 10:01 PM on Feb. 4, 2009