My son bumped his head!

my 5 month old was sitting on the floor this morning and lost his balance and fell over and bumped his head he cried a little bit afterwards, mostly because he got upset that he even fell, he has no marks and has been fine the rest of the day but I am just a little worried about, its not the first time he bumped his head but this just seemed a little harder than usual (when I say he has bumped his head before once he threw himself back and bumped himself on my knee and another time he rolled off the pillow on the bed and bumped himself on the remote) he has no mark where he bumped it so should I worry as long as he is acting normal

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you worry about every little bump your going to pull your hair out. He'll be fine. All kids bump their heads just make sure he's not acting different. And it'll be alright.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 1:46 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• He's fine. You said it was this morning? If he's been fine all day, there' s nothing to worry about. Kids hit their heads all the time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• thanks so much I guess I am only so worried because I just read a thing on here that a moms baby had a hairline fracture on his skull and she had no idea how he got it, so i was thinking what if something is wrong and I just dont know
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Babies bones are very soft and pliable. A baby would have to hit his head VERY HARD in order to do any real damage.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• my 6 month old son bumped his head yesterday and it left a red bump on his forehead for most of the afternoon. As long as there's not a huge lump sticking out and his pupils aren't dialated or one isn't a different size than the other, than he's fine. If the pupils are different sizes than it means he has a concussion.

jenn714

Answer by jenn714 at 2:15 AM on Jan. 22, 2009