• In the Spotlight:

I'M SITTING HER READING THE PAPER AND I'M WONDERING AS I'M READING THE OBITUARY..

WHY IS THAT THEY NEVER MENTION THE CAUSE OF DEATH? I MEAN I UNDERSTAND ITS HARD FOR PEOPLE THAT HAVE LOST A LOVE ONE, BUT REALLY ITS A HABIT OF MINE TO READ THE OBITUARY OF ANY PAPER AND I HAVE NEVER SEEN A CAUSE OF DEATH.. HMM I FIND IT INTRESTING..

MommaBear1129

Asked by MommaBear1129 at 2:01 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• ya its cause the family writes it and unless their family is like my old softball coaches lol they wont her did tho they said she was a happy loving woman that was stupid and didnt wear a helmet in her motocycle .. its was sad but funny the way they wrote it buthat was their way of making them feel betterher and her whole family was that way
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:06 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• The families write the obituary and it's painful enough to do without the cause of death.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• THATS WHAT I THOUGHT. I JUST WASNT SURE I GUESS. THANK YOU!
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 2:05 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I read some that did have the cause of the death in them and it actually disturbed me. Just an opinion though.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 2:08 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• IT WOULD DISTURB ME TOO, LIKE WHEN ITS A CHILD I WANT TO KNOW DONT ASK ME WHY BUT I DO. I DONT KNOW I AM JUST WEIRD I GUESS!
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 2:10 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• OP...I'm the same way. I'm always curious whether its a child or not. I don't know why either, but I don't think its weird.
    mandystenger

Answer by mandystenger at 2:15 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• i understand, we all want to know anything that could happen with our children so we can try to prevent it! but yes it is very hard on the parents.
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:15 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• There was a time when obituaries were written by the most junior writers on the staff. How to write an obituary was the first thing everyone learned in Beginning Newswriting. Then some bright soul came up with the idea of letting families buy the space on the obituary page and write the obits themselves. Eliminates a job and creates a new revenue stream for the paper.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:03 AM on Jan. 22, 2009