how do i get him to show more attenchen

dont get me wrong i love my hubby but we are very distante with eachother (meaning he pays no attenchan to me and all to his video games) what should i do and its not easy to get alone time with 2 kids there full time and one on weekends someone help me please

chopperchic1012

Asked by chopperchic1012 at 3:27 PM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• Start showing your husband unconditional RESPECT. Not love, RESPECT. No I'm not saying not to love your husband, what I am saying as that men NEED respect to function. It may take a bit of time before he starts to respond to your new found respect towards him, but trust me, it WILL be worth it. When you see him today, tell him you respect him because for how protected he maeks you feel or because he always keeps the cars running. You'll be shocked at the response you get. If you are interested, there is an awesome book that explains this all, including what your hubby should do for you. You can read it together or you alone at first. But give it a try, what have you got to lose? The book is called Love & Respect: The Love She Most Desires; The Respect He Desperately Needs by Emerson Eggerichs. If you want to chat more, please pm me, I've definitley been where you are.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:44 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• try having a day to only you and your hubby. maybe leave the kids with a close relative. or on the nights when they fall asleep, bring over a close realtive and have her/him watch them for a few hours so you and your hubby can go out and have dinner or just take a walk on da beach. or a movie.
    mommy_marisol

Answer by mommy_marisol at 3:45 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• When this happened with my hubby, I just told him what was happening! And that I needed his attention! It may take a while, but just be persistant with him! Video games are evil! lol ... I fight with them a lot to get my hubby's time!
    amie_2007

Answer by amie_2007 at 3:45 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• My SO was like this, until I started to take an interest in his video games. Ask what he's playing, or what the game is about. After a while I actually was kinda interested. He is way sweeter to me now.
    Anonymous

• Give the kids to one of your parents for the night to babysit or call a babysitter to watch! My husband and I just went through the same issue! It's hard to deal with!! I know, I've been there! But sometimes you just gotta spice things up a bit! What is he into when it comes to sex? if hes into some kind of fetish, play along! If he wants to watch porn, or if he wants you to go down on him, then do it! play along with him for a while until you feel that things are semi back to normal. But in all seriousness, have at least 1 night away with you and hubby!!! Trust me, it works!!! If not, come back and take out ur frustration on me! lolz.. im always here to listen!!!!
    Ms.Beth1214

Answer by Ms.Beth1214 at 4:46 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Does he like choppers too? Find a way to rent one and yall go on a date ride!
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:56 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Send yourself flowers and when he comes home kiss him and say "thanks honey they are beauitiful"!!! Make sure to sign the card " to my gorgeous wife!" Works everytime!!!
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 2:23 PM on Jul. 21, 2008

• well i figured it out i took complete control (if you know what i mean) and he has been paying a lot more attenchan to me

thanks everyone
    chopperchic1012

Answer by chopperchic1012 at 7:28 PM on Jul. 23, 2008