Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Health issues, I am really scared!!!

I have posted about this before but have new symptoms so I am going to tell them all. I haven't had a period in three years, I felt prego like 3 months ago (took test, neg. went to the doc, neg. and they did an ultra sound, no baby), well two weeks ago I had HORRIBLE cramping and lower back aches!! I literally felt like I was going to die!! A few days after that started I got chunky clearish white discharge, and now I am getting the same discharge with blood, it started out a little and over the last week it has become more and more. Last night when I wiped, I noticed on the toilet paper there was a HUGE clump of blood, with a small white string connected to it?!?! What the hell is wrong with me? I am starting to really freak out, I am in constant pain! I need help, I am going to make an appt. But if it was something they could see wouldnt they have seen it when I went in for a prego test??

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Health

Answers (13)
  • I think you need to have a full exam. Are you still in pain? If so you may consider going to the ER. They may have done an ultra sound, but if you are dealing with an ectopic pregnancy or another problem it could have been missed. Did you have a blood test for pregnancy?

    Answer by SusieD250 at 2:32 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

  • I didnt have a blood test, just a pee test and a vaginal exam

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

  • I would forget about the doctor you are now seeing-get an OBGYN and tell him/her everything thats been going on.Do it now!

    Answer by Momoftwo278 at 2:35 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

  • My OBGYN is the doctor I have been seing...I dont understand how she wouldnt have seen anything the last time I was there

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:41 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

  • A womn needs to have 4 periods a year or it can lead to cervical cancer.I was having one every four four months and they had to put me on somethign to regulate me because of pre-cancerous cell growth.Go to a different doc NOW.I do not care what old doc said or didn't say,no period for 3 yrs and then hevy clotting is not ok.please go.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:52 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

  • There are a couple of reasons, one she may not have been looking in the right place. An ectopic pregnancy is a pregnancy that takes place anywhere outside of the uterus. It could be in the abdominal cavity. Also, it may not be a pregnancy. It may be just a really really bad period and endometriosis. Either way, you are in extreme pain, haven't had a period for three months and are now bleeding vaginally. Common sense is to err on the side of miscarraige. If you are not having a miscarraige, fine. If you are, you need to be seen. As I am not a doctor I am only giving an outsiders opinion.

    Answer by SusieD250 at 2:53 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

  • I misread that. No period for three years? Why? Did they go over that with you?

    Answer by SusieD250 at 2:54 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

  • oh wow, hun have you considered going to the er if your in major pain?

    Answer by MommaBear1129 at 2:58 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

  • I've heard that some women particularly those that are obese can just stop menstruating. I obviously I am not saying that you are obese. I would get into the doc right away, just because you are not pregnant doesn't mean something else isn't going on, an ultrasound won't show everything.

    Answer by toriandgrace at 3:15 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

  • I work at an er, we had a lady come in for a TOOTHACHE by ambulance. Don't feel disloyal for not returning to your dr. Go to the ER now ( I am not a dr or nurse), i work in the registration dept people come in for silly reasons,

    Answer by mrssullivan at 4:28 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.