Do you think racism is aimed toward hispanics more now?

Yes, for years the black people have felt targeted by racism but now I'm seeing it toward hispanics more.

It is obvious that SOME white people are still racist toward black people and SOME black people are still racist against white people but nowdays I rarely see it. If I see racism it's ALWAYS about the hispanics.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I have noticed it too.I try not to be racist but sometimes I do notice cultural things that seem to be common.But I also realize that because one person or a group doesn't mean that all of that culture are bad.I think for awhile it was arabic people as well that got it,I guess unfortunantly every culture gets a turn being singled out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I see it alot, I think that it is because racism toward black people got boring, it really isn't an issue anymore so everyone is looking for a new target. I think people are always looking for someone to blame, or someone to look down on...It is sad really!!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:46 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• i dont know. i'm hispanic and no one's ever made any racist comments to me. i mean maybe like where my parents live they are the ONLY hispanic people on that side of town so yeah when we first moved their it was weird.. but now not really.. its like you like me or you dont. i dont know. it could be that people are trying to find a new target like PP mentioned. and it is sad. but idont know. thing with hispanics isthat we dont take sh** from nobody.. so i dont know how thats gonna work..but i do see you point!

MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 2:53 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I'm hispanic and Im not racist but sometimes I'm against what hispanics do. I think there is always going to be racism no matter what. I live in southern san diego and alot of the issues are caused my illegal drug trafficking. It has alot to do with Mexicans that bring drugs over and infest our streets. There are some Mexican that want to come over for a better life and better opportunities but there are those who try to take advantage of the resources here and drug deal. Thos types of people should not be here and I am against them but it's with every race with any person that wants to contaminate our streets and our system. I was born and raised in california and I value my country and everyone in it. this country was founded and build on people from around the world.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 2:58 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• babyangel i know exactly what your saying these drug dealling hispanics are giving us all a bad name.
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 3:03 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• From what I see when I pick my kid up from school, nobody is "winning." It's like high school, everybody splits off in their little groups and shoot each other dirty looks. This is the parents, mind you. The kids all get along great, until moms start diving in and dragging them off if they're talking to the "wrong" kids. I'm happy that so far, none of them have kindy kids. I have no idea how I'd explain to my son if one of his friends was dragged off like that.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:36 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I think that because of all of the "hype" about illegal border crossings then there may be a growing trend in that direction. However, when I lived in Southern California then I noticed a lot of prejudice toward several different groups.

Hopefully at some point people will open their eyes and realize that people are people... and we should base our decisions on individual rather than group dynamics.
    indigostone

Answer by indigostone at 3:37 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Where I live I do see alot of prejudice towards Hispanics and I did deal with a racist boss. However I do see alot of racism towards Arabic/Middle Eastern immigrants. Airports, Convienent stores, or evenifthey walk in aroom.people scatter like roaches,as if a bomb is going to blow.And When I hear people say slurs like "rag Heads,sand Nig*er,haji's" I get upset. I'm a proud Latina but ANY slurs towards people by what they wear or look like piss me off.

Adja70

Answer by Adja70 at 3:57 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• And back home, I used to work at the mall and these AA dudes came in trying to return something and they were giving usa hard time tryingto find anything we said was racist. Igot fed up and told them off, saying that we follow our policy and we are not judging based on skin. hell iwaschecking out some hot Biracial chick next to them. She was hot! lol they were like whoa! and relaxed afterwards. Sometimes  I noticed people trying tofind racists but it's still around. I see it all the time! Just different ways of showing it...

Adja70

Answer by Adja70 at 4:01 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• yes I see it and have felt it more and more everyday. and for those mentioning drug dealers there are drug dealers of ever race. that's just an excuse to dump on the hispanics
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on Jan. 22, 2009