How do I increase my breast milk supply?

Just had a set of twin boys and have not been able to produce much milk any ideas?

Bermimom

Asked by Bermimom at 3:35 PM on Jul. 19, 2008 in About CafeMom

• try drinkin lots of milk. and well at the hospital, the nurses had told me that taking warm showers and letting da water fall on your breasts, would help get more milk. also if u eat healthy. but moslty milk and the warm shower.
    mommy_marisol

Answer by mommy_marisol at 3:41 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• The more you stay hydrated, the more milk you'll get.
    Try putting a warm cloth on the top of your breast as you feed. The warmth mixed with the baby stimulating will help the flow!
    amie_2007

Answer by amie_2007 at 3:43 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• feed more frequently. supply and demand is how it works so if you can pump inbetween feeds and it will start to help you produce more.
    Dana91

Answer by Dana91 at 3:59 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Lot's and Lot's of water is how I kept my Supply up. I even drank a cup while feeding or pumping.
    cehouser2

Answer by cehouser2 at 4:14 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• How old are the babies?
    Take Fenugreek capsules (health food store, GNC), drink tons of water, and nurse on demand. You can also pump after feedings to boost it up...although with feeding twins you're probably done, lol. But if you want it bad enough, pumping works. Good luck!
    campeno

Answer by campeno at 5:37 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Drink water every time you nurse or pump, and pump in between nursing even if you don't get anything. The more your breasts are asked to produce, the more they will.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:47 PM on Jul. 19, 2008