Why do all of my girlfriends become "catty?"

It seems like everytime I meet these great new friends they always turn out to be the same-they all become catty? Are women just really competitive or what?
Do you find this to be true in your relationships?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:00 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't know what you mean by "catty" but I can tell you that we tend to choose the same types of friends over and over. Sometimes, I think it's because we are attracted to people who fill some kind of void in our own personalities. Sometimes, it's something that we secretly admire and would really like to have in ourselves. Sometimes, it's simply because we are not discerning enough to see through people until after we've been around them for a while. Sometimes, we just want a friend and we really don't care what she's like. My best advice to you would be to go more slowly about getting involved too intimately with people--sort of the "Look before you leap" philosophy.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:24 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Sometimes, I just cut them off and stop calling them and make myself too busy to hang. I pickmy friends very carefully, and not too many otherwise it gets to complexed... I usually make the boundries very obvious and let up when I get to know them. sometimes Idon'tknow why girls are like that esp. if they and I are already married..

Adja70

Answer by Adja70 at 4:05 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I think SOME women are naturally competitive. And some are naturally bitches. Have you noticed a pattern? Like is there anything that maybe you are doing that makes them feel threatened in some way?
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 4:05 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Let me answer your question with a question. If you did not have friends who would you talk to what would you do with your friends besides talk unless you are gay which is fine if that is what flots your boat. But even if you are gay then would all you do is have sex or would you want to talk?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:06 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Anon 1:06>>WTH did that mean?! lol I got lost on the second sentance!lol
    Adja70

Answer by Adja70 at 4:10 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• OP here: Its actually interesting because, all of my friends are really attractive and have great husbands, most of them have much more money than my husband and I do so I don't know why they turn out to be cats? They are definitely not jealous of me!

I think I'm a good friend. I remember them on their b-days and i always include everyone. I am not a jealous person and am truly happy when something good happens to them. So yeah I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe I'm attracting negative people into my life. IDK
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:12 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• ... i think women arent suppose to have women friends.. it always ends up bad..
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 4:13 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• OP here: Anon 1:06 I'm lost too! I'm not gay or at least I haven't found out yet lol. So no I don't want to have sex with my friends and I'm pretty sure they don't want to engage in any sexual activity with me either.

Perhaps you are a troll:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:15 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• lol MommaBear! aren't we new friends?! lol I have good friends, they vary and we get along. I usually hang with like minded women.none that are self-obsessed or materialistic. ususally down to earth and REAL. iF AND WHEN IT DOES get stressed I either express my feelings hoping we get it all out in the open, or I cut ties! Unfortunately in one instance, I married my FREiNEMY's brother, so I'm stuck with her. I just learned to keep my boundries and not let her get too close to me.

Adja70

Answer by Adja70 at 4:18 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Yes the majority of women are catty. That's why I genuinely don't like most women. And why most of my friends are men.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 5:57 AM on Jan. 22, 2009