biting, yanking 5 mo old

What do you do when your ds or dd bites or yanks and pulls on your nipple if you breast feed. I always stop and tell him no and then he's done eating and we'll try again a lil later...I want him to know this is not okay especially since he just got his 1st tooth...so I need some ideas. I got very frustrated with him today.

britni11

Asked by britni11 at 4:16 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Your doing what your supposed to. Dont say ow! because they mostly think its funny to make mommy yelp. But when he does it unlatch him and look at him and firmly say NO. Then try it again..
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 4:20 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• when he bites u he doesn't mean of course he just is trying a new thing which is bitting, but when he does so don't make a sound of pain coz he thinks it's a game and u r playing with him,,just say no firmly and try again, if he continues remove your breast from his mouth also so that u don't get injured and talk to him gently say u did something wrong so we'll not eat now.. he doesn't understand but at least he'll know that his meal has been interrupted because of this by time he'll be able to correlate his bite means no meal...it's hard it hurts it gets on ur nerves but when he's a couple of month older or even before that he'll start eating and he'll be bitting his toys and teethers so he'll just grow out of it
    docmamy

Answer by docmamy at 5:15 AM on Jan. 22, 2009