my daughter's so clinging to me that she screams when i get out of her sight

what can i do.. she goes out alot and she's lots of people still wants to play with them but in my presence

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well, you're asking the question in the 0-12 group, so I'm assuming your daughter is under a year. Relax! She's still very new to this world and just wants her mommy's reassurance. What do you really have to do that's more important than be with the child you brought into this world? My 8 month old cries whenever I leave his sight, so if I'm going to the bathroom or something, I just scoop him up and bring him with. This won't last forever. Enjoy it while it's here, when she's a teenager she won't want to be in your presence
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:37 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• My 10 month old daughter does the exact same thing. At times she's okay but if I sit down and play with her for a while then go to the other room to fold laundry or wash dishes or even use the bathroom, she goes ballistic. My husband isnt home during the week because of his work so when she does this on weekends he just takes her upstairs or sends me upstairs and he plays with her for a couple minutes to get her to realize that she can play with other people and she calms down after about 5 minutes then I go back to doing my housework.
    agrafel

Answer by agrafel at 10:42 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• My 9 1/2 month old hates when I leave the room even if she can see me still she screams and crawls after me as quick as she can. Usually I talk to her and give her some things to play with, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes she is so clingy I can't even set her down, but I still pull out a bunch of toys set her down for awhile, she plays then fusses after awhile, I hold her and then try again. Its like that most of the day, but she does need to learn to play by herself some of the time. She is good about playing with other people, but also fusses when they leave even if there is someone still with her. She doesn't like anyone leaving the room. I just try to get her to play by herself some of the time, other times I play with her for awhile then she's ok by herself for awhile, I know eventually she won't be so clingy and it is kinda sweet even if a little bit difficult to do housework.
    stargazerwolf

Answer by stargazerwolf at 6:04 PM on Jan. 22, 2009