i have a 1 1/2 month old son and now i just found out that im PREGNANT AGAIN....!!!! should i consider adoption....!?!

im very young and a little confused PLEASE HELP....!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well, how do you feel about the subject? What is your relationship with the father? What are your living conditions? There are so many things to consider when making the enormous decision to parent or place. I am a birthmom and in my case, placing my daughter is what was best for her. It was not an easy choice, but it was the right one and I've never regretted it. If you would like, you can send me a pm anytime. I'll help you answer any questions you might have and I'm always willing to share my experience with anyone. Nobody can make this choice for you, but there are certainly resources out there for you to find information, help, and support, no matter what your decision is.
    bkbecca

Answer by bkbecca at 4:55 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• i think u should go ahead with the pregnancy..look it is difficult i know it already is difficult enough with one ...but first of all u can't breast feed if u r pregnant.. second its a matter of nine months and u'll get ur second baby they'll grow up together as twins it will be reallllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyy tough but just consider a means of birth control after the dilivery immediatly...u'll need help either from a parent or husband or if u can afford it hire some help(nany)
    my daughter is almost 10 monthes old it's a bit easier than a new born.. she can be busy playing with her toys. now that she eats a bottle or breast feeding is not as important as before, she sleeps most of the night.. so i mean by the time u'll deliver ur child ur baby will be about 10 months old so will be a bit easier to handle.. good luck :))
    docmamy

Answer by docmamy at 5:00 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• 1) yes you can breastfeed while pregnant.
    2) they don't grow up together as twins, they will be on two developmental levels at least for the first two years
    3) you will not "need" help from anyone (especially have to hire a nanny), but it will definitely be nicer with some help.

My youngest two are 11 months apart. It is rough at times, and the pregnancy was not "textbook" so there were difficulties there. The youngest was born early and there have been challenges with that itself. It is hard, but it wasn't any harder for me than it was having two kids 22 months apart (my oldest two) You're dealing with two little ones. You cope. You adapt.

You mention you're "very young"...depending on the real situation, you may want to consider adoption. You're the only one who lives in your situation and who can answer that question.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:20 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• i know how u feel and my daughter was 3 months old when i found out i was pregnant. i didnt consider adoption, i considered an abortion. but obviously, ive changed my mind. my son is now born, and i am very very happy that i kept to my decision. for me, i decided to go on with the pregnancy, have my baby, and get on IMMEDIATE birth control. so when my six week check up comes around, im getting on something. i havent decided yet. i dont want to have sex before that, cause of that.
    and i am proud that i did what i did. cause i wanted to own up to my responsibilities as a mom and now im trying to make better choices for my kids, and myself. unexpected things happen, and i feel good to say that i took care of it. only you know whats good for you. so take in all the advice you can get and decide wisely what works best for you. im 20 years old with 2 kids. im not old enough to drink, but i have 2 kids. =/ good luck hun.
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 7:44 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Im young too. Alot younger than you. I dont want another baby so I take those precautions to protect myself. At least your not considering abortion thats a good thing. But yeah you should consider adoption. After you get over the shck of being preggo
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I think you would regret it later in life if you did put it up for adoption.

What you should do is recruit family, friends, and neighbors to help you.

I guess that's all the advice I have, but your little boy deserves to grow up with his little brother/sister. And I think you deserve to raise and get to know that little person too, even if it will be hard.

julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 9:40 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• adoption is way better than abortion every time. As a woman who couldn't get pregnant after my first child until 11 years later though I have to say that I would keep it. You won't know the joys you will be missing. Whatever you decide it is your choice and please used birth control in the future.
    halfpint6niner

Answer by halfpint6niner at 9:40 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• You should consider adoption if that is what you think is best.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:41 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Well, you love your 1 1/2 month old son and you wouldn't give him up for adoption, so why would you give this baby up for adoption?

It'll be hard, but it'll be SO worth it to keep it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I know how extremely difficult this feels...if adoption is what you want...instead of doing it with people you dont know.Why not family?That way you can still be in his or her life.
    Anonymous