PLEASE HELP im a very young mother....!!!!

i have a 1 1/2 month old son and now i jus found out that im PREGNANT AGAIN....!!!! Should i consider ADOPTION....!?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Adoption

• How young is young?
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 4:43 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• im 19 yrs old..!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:45 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Well, my first question was answered. I was married and 19 when I had my first child. She is 20 now and I can't imagine not having here in my life. Now, with that said. You made the choice to have unprotected sex AGAIN. So it's time to be an adult and raise these children that God ALLOWED you to be the the vessel to bring them into this world. Why do you think you were chosen? This is a defining moment for you, in which the decision will not only affect your life but the life of you unborn. You can do it!
    usanamama

Answer by usanamama at 4:52 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I don't think it's anyones place to tell you what you should be considering. If you feel you can't take care of another child, then yes, adoption would be an option. But that's something you need to decide and you need to talk to a professional counselor about all your options. Just because you're young doesn't mean you can't raise two kids.
    LizClara

Answer by LizClara at 4:54 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I agree with LizClara. Being young is irrelevant, if you are able to have unprotected sex you are capable of raising two children. Adoption is an option but shouldn't be used as a form of birth control, if you seriously can't raise this child speak to a counselor about putting the baby up for adoption.
    BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 7:37 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Okay, breathe first of all! Second, if you just found out you're pregnant it is much too soon to consider adoption. I know you're scared, but age is not a factor here. Take a look at your 1 1/2 month old and think long and hard about this: if things became hard, could you give them away to strangers? I would hope not. I'm not going to lie, things will not be easy but once that baby is in your life you will realize just how worth it, it all is. Do you have support from your family and friends? Have you told anyone yet? If you're truly considering adoption check out the Birthmoms group here on Cafemom and you can get an insiders view of what Birthmotherhood is really like. If you need anything at all, feel free to PM me.
    lillie023

Answer by lillie023 at 8:32 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Not right this minute. You should take some time to get used to the idea of being pregnant. After the initial shock as worn off, then you can think about it. I would not pursue anything with an agency or matching with a couple until at least your last trimester. You should consider why are you thinking about adoption, how are you supporting one child, and how you can support 2 child, are the fathers involved
    Check out some groups with birthmothers in it and get some of their advice.
    luckyshamrock

Answer by luckyshamrock at 9:59 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I agree with all the posters so far. I would also encourage you to check out the group, Pregnant & Considering Options and some of the Teen mom, or Young mom groups here on Cafe Mom. Of course adoption is an option - but you need to factor in that it is a permanent decision and your age, your education, your financial situation, your current emotional & physical strength may all improve throughout the months and years to come. My personal belief is that adoption should be considered when a child's safety is in question by remaining with their biological family. If that is not a concern for you then take your time, educate yourself, see what support you have, and seek support that you need. From, an adult adopee & birth mother.
    PortAngeles1969

Answer by PortAngeles1969 at 1:10 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• NO
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 4:55 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Try to hold it together if you can find someone who can help out I have three kids of my own 1st one when i was 16 all with the same father when we celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary i had a miscarriage it almost destroyed me my kids are my world and i cant have anymore there is nothing wrong in seeking help, but if adoption is your choice i wish the family you pick many blessings for the remarkable gift you have given them. how are things with toy 1&1/2 year old if you need to chat i am maryofhearts ANY TIME!!!!!!!!
    MARYOFHEARTS

Answer by MARYOFHEARTS at 10:05 PM on Jan. 22, 2009