The whole family is recovering from a cold, should we go on with a scheduled b-day party where little kids will be there?

My baby girl is turing one and we have invited some close friends and family to celebrate the big day. However, my baby got sick since last Tuesday, her sinus is not completely clear up but is in better shape. The pediatrician gave an ok for her to have the party and go back to daycare. However, myself, my husband and my in-law is recovering from the cold that we all got from my baby (I still have the sore throat and coughing, for example). We all don't have fevers and the doctor said we are not contagious.

In your experience, do you think we are clear or are we still be contagious especially for the little kids that we have invited to the party?

Rescheduling the party would have been the straightforward move but the catch is that, we have ordered cake and some catering items that are not "reschedulable". Moreover, some close friends can not make it to our purposed rescheduled day.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you are sneezing, coughing and have runny noses...you ARE contagious!!! That's how colds are spread..you cough into your had then touch something..then someone else touches that thing they have the germs!

Just be honest with your guests...everyone has a cold...let them decide to come or not. If it's older people who have the cold, you guys are more likely to be more careful and less likely to spread germs, but it could still happen.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:58 AM on Jan. 22, 2009