how can i make my daughter sleep without a bottle

my daughter has to either take the bottle or breast feed or the pacifier to go to sleep ,, also with me holding her in my arms and singing a lullaby so that she can sleep..she doesnt sleep if i just put her in bed and lay next to her..i know some children do put themselves to sleep so caould this happen?? help please coz it's so exhausting

docmamy

Asked by docmamy at 5:08 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How old?
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:12 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• almost 10 months
    docmamy

Answer by docmamy at 5:16 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Your child won't fall asleep because she has learned that if she waits you out she will win. It will take time and more than likely a lot of crying/wailing before she relearns to fall asleep on her own. It will happen though. I made the mistake of rocking my son to sleep when he was born and it took me four years before we were ready to separate. I didn't do that with my DD,with her I put her straight into her crib when she was ready for bed and she was fine.A pacifier is fine to sleep with for a 10 month old it's better than thumb sucking.Lot's of luck on this one.

BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 7:17 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Unfortunatly you have to be the bigger person and let her cry it out. I know some people dont agree but you have to be strong.
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 9:54 AM on Jan. 22, 2009