Michelle Obama the fashion diva? Come on!

Michelle Obama has quite a few very good outfits, don't get me wrong. She dresses professionally almost all the times. But what's up with the hype about her outfits on inauguration day?? Frankly, I think the green outfit was not flattering at all, and she was not able to pull off white evening gown.

Michelle Obama definitely has better fashion taste than most female politicians but that doesn't make her the fashion diva and definitely not Jacky O.

On the other hand, she is most respectable for being straight up about wearing JCrew and Gap. I think that's admirable. Hey, JCrew stuff is NOT inexpensive, but they are not the price tag of Dior or Chanel either.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:51 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I love Michelle, but that inaugural ball gown looked like one of my grandma's chenille bedspreads. The green outfit was just ugly. I have seen much more attractive outfits on her than those two.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 6:22 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• she needs to fire her designer.... those outfits were uglier then sin.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:05 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I think both outfits look great on her. The green outfit was very nice and professional, perfect for the ocassion. The white gown was beautiful and michelle look ravishing, youthful and elegant. It looked like a fairy tale gown. But maybe she should have gone out and spend $65K on the gown a la Nacy reagan then maybe you all would be happy. oh no never mind she is a democrat so if she did that she would've been lynched. I doubt michelle wants to be a fashion diva she is more intune with the people of this nation to be that shallow
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:06 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I hated both of them like heathermarie said that evening gown looked like somehting my Grandma would have atht he bottom of her bed and the green (thing!) looked like a curtain my mom had hanging on the window when I was a kid in the early 80's (it was a leftover from the 70'). She does have many other very flattering outfits. No hating here because she is beautiful, but she seriously needs to thing about firing whoever told her that those dresses were cute.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 8:11 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• UMMM.. Anon 8:06.She probably spent at least $2000-$5000 on each dress. Trust me it ain't cheap no matter who makes it. Yes not as much as Chanel or Oscar De La Renta but is still out of the reach of the everyday American. I have seen many flattering dresses at Sears, Jc Penny, Macy's, even the bridal shop has nice gowns. SHe certainly could have picked cheaper outfits without sacrificing fashionista. I am not jealous by far I by designer but it is always on sale. I just fel with the economy she could have been alittle thrifty, actually the whole thing could have been.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 8:16 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• her white gown was 3,500. not cheap but not 65k
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:19 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• no other president or first lady has sacrife their night why are the Obama's expected to do so. It's their money. those outfits are not paid for with tax payers money. how great was the economy when reagan took office? and yet Nancy dress was 65k. can you say bias?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:22 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• The white gown looked made of gauze and the other one looked like it was made of my grandmas drapes and styled after something my grandma would have wore in 1965. She needs new people to advise her on her dressing.

Answer by gemgem at 8:22 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I agree with anon I think she looked youthfull and refreshing. I liked both outfits. I think she looked sophisticated yet not too flashy. and yes I'm glad she paid 3,500 and not 65k for it. not that I care how she spends HER money but because she would have being crucified for it. oh wait never mind she is being crucified regardless.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 8:46 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I loved Michelle Obama's outfits. She looked young and vibrant and beautiful. And she didn't have a tag on them saying "paid for by the RNC."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Jan. 22, 2009