Will Obama help the poor people around the world?

I wonder do you thing Obama will help the poor people around the world? The population of Africa gets less money than the 20 billion dollars a year that Israels receives. This is not fair that a whole Continent of poor people are suffering while other people have brand new homes, laptop computers, cars, travel, vacations, swimming pools etc,.. This is wrong!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:59 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• i personally think he needs to worry about the us of a becouse hes our president hes about our country they got there own!!!! we have enough issues here to worry about let alone another country thats where all the presidents mess up........................
    shannonmarie759

Answer by shannonmarie759 at 6:15 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• And....in case you didn't know this...we can send Africa all the money and food in the world, but it does NOTHING when you have rebel dictators CONTROLLING and PREVENTING those provisions from either getting in to the country or getting to the people!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:06 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Uhm no I hope not. This is the United States and he should be looking at fixing things here at home, not in some other country. Other countries arent our problem and its their countries problem to give their people things to live. We have enough of our own poor here who are struggling with no jobs, no food and homeless. They should come first.
    Also just because people in this country have new cars, computers, and homes is no reason to help those in other countries. Its always been that way. This isnt new to this century or even last. Its been going on awhile. And the above poster is right as long as they have rebel dictators they wont get the money anyway. Thats reality.

Answer by gemgem at 7:41 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Not without your tax dollars. We are broke. No money. I don't know how he would expect to give anything to another country when we have nothing to give. And, don't buy the MSM hype. We are still the most generous country in the world.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I really hope he helps out his own country before turning his sights on the world. He is working for US not those is in Africa or any other place in the world.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 9:29 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• We are now the poor people of the world. Help Obama!!

steeleforchairman.com

akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 9:36 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Given that we have been rebuilding Iraq on our taxpayer money, and then the stuff keeps getting destroyed, I think that Obama should make Iraq start paying for their own rebuilding, and then start paying us back. Then put that money towards paying back the empty US couffers. Why are we paying for rebuilding a country that has millions in surplus? We shouldn't. But then I didn't think we should have gone to Iraq in the first place.

As for other countries, we don't have funding at the moment. We are not in a position to help other countries. That's been the problem lately. Too much going towards other countries and not enough staying here. Taxpayer money that hasn't been used to help the taxpayers. Injustice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• We give more to Africa than many other nations do. Money will not help there unfortunately. They food and supplies are stolen by the warlords and dictators all the time. I think we need to fix our problems here first then help where we actually can do some good.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I guess that means that their government controls the people. If they control the commodities, they control the citizens. This is why government dependency is a bad thing. Is the picture clear enough now?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• He has a brother who lives in a hut somewhere over in that part of the world and lives on something like $20 a year. He hasn't helped him, the last I heard. So I doubt there's much hope for strangers.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:55 AM on Jan. 22, 2009