ky jelly question

I once heard that it is harder to conceive when you use ky jelly. My dh thinks that it is the opposite. Which one of us is right? Have you heard of this?

catgrrrl

Asked by catgrrrl at 6:44 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Ky contains spermicide. The only lubricant that doesn't is called preseed. You can order it online.
    lisab7982

Answer by lisab7982 at 7:30 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• what i would do is just stop thinking about getting pregnant and stop looking up pregnancy stuff and just have sex for fun and dont think about a baby once you do all that then you will get pregnant so fast you wont even know it cuz i been trying for 11 months and i would look at pregnancy stuff all the time so i just gave up and said if its going to happen it will so i did that and come to find im on jan 11th,09 i took to pregnnacy test and sure yep im pregnant now :) well i hope i helped
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:12 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• To anon 8:12 am. I tried that for a 1.5 years. It is not happening. Now i'm just trying to figure out what I am doing wrong. It must be something i'm going to obgyn in 2 weeks. Wish me luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• PreSeed is the only lubricant that has no adverse side effects to sperm. All the rest (including KY, and even water or saliva) are the wrong PH level, are the wrong consistency for the sperm, or they have spermacide. That doesn't mean it is impossible to get pregnant while using KY, but it could be more difficult. I highly recommend PreSeed, but since it's kind of expensive you may want to save it for use only right around ovulation time. Good luck!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 9:59 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• o ok well yea i would just go see your doctor to see whats wrong
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I missed the trying for 1.5 years response. Definitely see your doctor - it really helps to know if you are dealing with any fertility issues. FYI - you can still use PreSeed with a lot of fertility treatments. If you end up taking Clomid it can actually cause dryness and PreSeed is the best for that. Good luck!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:17 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• It is not recommended to use lubes when you are trying to get pregnant because it does interfere with the sperm. If you just have to have lube then get Preseed. it is the only sperm friendly lube.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 10:43 AM on Jan. 22, 2009