not have a lineland phone "not" help your credit score?

My husband & I do not have a landline phone. One of my friends told me that it will not help our credit score is that true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:35 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• There are a lot of places that like to use a landline phone as a credit qualifier. Car lots, places that sell computers- sometimes furniture rent to buy places. If you ever run into that, you can bring in the cell phone bill with your printed address to see if they'll accept it. Sometimes they do. If you can bring in an older bill and a newer bil it helps to establish residency.
    My dad used to run a used car lot and they required people who wanted to buy there pay there, to have a landline for credit purposes.
    MamaCarterof5

Answer by MamaCarterof5 at 2:17 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• what would not having a phone have to do with your credit score? i have never heard that.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:36 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I heard that it helps a little since creditors can find you, where they can't on a cell phone. But I've also heard that the only way it would affect it would be if you didn't pay your bill.

Answer by Bmat at 8:19 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Nah.. that is not true at all. There are simply too many other things out there that do affect your score, just as loans, credit cards, etc... Trust me, not many people have landline phones anymore and it will get more so in the future.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 10:44 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Creditors can put stuff on your credit report without your phone number. So I don't see how it affects you either way. We don't have a land line and our credit score is 815.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jan. 22, 2009