Kitty Litter.... Ewwww

How do you keep your cat from getting kitty litter EVERYWHERE??? My cat is so messy its unreal!

aheuszel

Asked by aheuszel at 9:17 PM on Mar. 19, 2012 in Pets

• You can get those covered litter boxes. I had one that was a flinger.
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 9:19 PM on Mar. 19, 2012

• I have one and she is still soooo messy!!! :(
    aheuszel

Comment by aheuszel (original poster) at 9:21 PM on Mar. 19, 2012

• It's annoying. You can hear them in there scratching, scratching, scratching for 30 minutes. It's covered already!!
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 9:34 PM on Mar. 19, 2012

• I have a really big litterbox. It's not meant as a litterbox - it's one of those Rubbermaid containers that are meant to store things under the bed. It cuts down on the amount of litter our cat flings out of her box.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:35 PM on Mar. 19, 2012

• Id really like to know the answer to this problem as well! I have 3 cats. My MIL gave us one of those covered litter boxes and they wouldnt go in it!
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 11:35 PM on Mar. 19, 2012

• We HAVE a covered litter box and our cat STILL gets litter everywhere! My dh is ready to put the cat outside permenantly (he also shreds toilet paper everytime we close him into our bedroom which is connected to the bathroom; ei "on-suite"), but I refuse. Anyway, in our case, the litter gets stuck to the bottom of his feet and/or between his toes then when he walks out of the bathroom (where we keep the box), he tracks it across the floor! I have NO idea what to do??? I know they have those mats that go in front of the box, but I'm not too sure one would help...anyone know?
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 3:24 PM on Mar. 20, 2012

• I just have outside cats, so no kitty litter problemo
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:59 PM on Mar. 20, 2012

• We have a covered box, which helps a little, but we put a carpet remnant down in front of the litter box to trap most of the litter that comes out on their feet.....and we vacuum a lot.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 12:54 PM on Mar. 21, 2012

• I am going to have to try a rug or something around it. I can't put her outside there's way to many strays in our neighbor hood and way to many cat fights!
    aheuszel

Comment by aheuszel (original poster) at 5:32 PM on Mar. 21, 2012

• Use a mat!!! they work I need to get on it and buy some already cus I have 2 cats and they both get it all over the place and my son likes to spend his time on the floor
    amandaeastman

Answer by amandaeastman at 10:01 PM on Mar. 22, 2012