i caught my daughter laying on her pillow and rubbing herself on it, is this normal?

Sex and teenagers

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Beginings of masterbation. Have the sex talk! make sure she knows you love her and will listen to ANYTHING she has to say. don't tell her it's wrong or that she's bad for doing it.
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 3:55 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• How old is your daughter? I do agree with MoMoFu!!! Good luck, I know how it is, my third child is discovering puberty... Just remember it is very natural.
    KimsCandleHouse

Answer by KimsCandleHouse at 4:08 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Ok, this is going to sound really weird, but yes, it is normal! There are children that start that as early as 1 years old! They find what feels good to them and they do what they got to do to make themselves feel better! Like us, we play with ourselves when we can't get anything, and need to get some relief! What they do when they "play" with themselves is basically them relieving themselves like when we have sex or when we play with ourselves!!! :) Good luck! Sometimes they never grow out of it! Best of luck with your daughter!!!
    Ms.Beth1214

Answer by Ms.Beth1214 at 4:26 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• yes, that is normal, just make sure she knows that it is a private thing and dont do it in front of people. There is a really in depth answer to your question in what to expect during the toddler years. ( I was concerned too when I seen my 2 yr old do it)
    Anonymous

• I take it you never did that as a youngster? I'd say it's normal. I'll probably tell my girls to keep it up (not in so many words!) so they don't fall for some lame boy's "I'll go blind" story! Relax, she's just getting to know herself.
    allord

Answer by allord at 4:39 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Yes it is normal and also safe sex! I agree to let her know to keep it private. Exploring her own body and making it feel good can help her communicate to her husband when she grows up what she enjoys. Masturbation is fun and healthy.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:11 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Yes it is completely normal & healthy.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 6:51 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• it depends on who old you dauather is if she is 7 or younger it natural behavior. if she is 13or older she mite be bord
    mo-may

Answer by mo-may at 7:54 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• how old is she?
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 12:08 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• hopefully you have had the sex talk. I don't think it has anything to do with being bored! Shes exploring her body, totally normal.
    ChasesMommy0115

Answer by ChasesMommy0115 at 11:35 AM on Jul. 20, 2008