Any Law Experts Out There? How Do You Prove Sexual Harassment on the Job?

Especially if it was subtle. He didn't threaten me at the time, but he said a lot of innapropriate things and hugged me and would touch my face when he was talking to me sometimes. Unfortunately, no one else was around.

I eventually left the job because of family issues as well as the fact that he made me very uncomfortable. I was afraid to say anything to him while I was there, because I knew he would try and make my life at work misurable. I wrote a very nice resignation letter and gave him two weeks notice. When I asked for my last (small) paycheck, he wrote me a nasty letter and refused to pay me. I am in the process of dealing with that part of it though.

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:52 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• i am no expert but each company should have a HR dept w/ policies and procedures. I don't think you have to have proof just file a claim. If you still have your handbook, you can look it up. If you just worked for one person, then idk how that would work. Most attorneys will do a first consultation for free though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:03 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• He is an attorney. There is no HR Department or handbook. The only other person who works there is his assistant.

Thanks for answering.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• u should have slapped the hell out of him. lol
    MrsTGray

Answer by MrsTGray at 10:22 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Wish I could have! But I am sure he would have come up with some way to get back at me. He is a sick individual anyway.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Jan. 22, 2009