I had unprotected sex a month ago, two weeks after having sex i got my period on the day it was suppost to come for the full five days, would an over the counter test be accurate at this point or is it too late for that?

mandyluv709

Asked by mandyluv709 at 9:35 PM on Mar. 19, 2012 in Pregnancy

• An over the counter test is accurate throughout pregnancy. If you are pregnant the hormones are there, whether you are 6 weeks or 6 months.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 9:37 PM on Mar. 19, 2012

• Every site I go to says take it a week after the missed period but I didn't miss my period, other sites said that you can bleed while pregnant and it will just get shorter and lighter as you go, I'm so confused, I'm not due for my next period for two weeks so when's the best time to take a test, now?
    mandyluv709

Comment by mandyluv709 (original poster) at 9:41 PM on Mar. 19, 2012

• Why do you think you're pregnant if you got your period on time??

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:42 PM on Mar. 19, 2012

• It seems to me that a test is not needed because you don't appear to be pregnant.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 9:42 PM on Mar. 19, 2012

• if you got my period on the day you were "suppost" to then why do you need a test?? Why you still suspect you are pregnant?

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:42 PM on Mar. 19, 2012

• I don't think you're pregnant. You had a normal period two weeks after unprotected sex. I mean, anything is possible but I think if I were you I'd wait until you miss the next period and test about five days after that.
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 9:43 PM on Mar. 19, 2012

• There have been cases of woman who 'appeared' to get there period on time and ended up pregnant they said there periods just got lighter and shorter as they progressed.
    mandyluv709

Comment by mandyluv709 (original poster) at 9:46 PM on Mar. 19, 2012

• And why would I get the period after sex and then miss the next one?
    mandyluv709

Comment by mandyluv709 (original poster) at 9:47 PM on Mar. 19, 2012

• True. That happens every now and again. I'd still wait until five days after your next period to test.
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 9:48 PM on Mar. 19, 2012

• Yes that has happened but is very rare. Do you have any signs that you could be pregnant? If you don't have any actual signs I wouldn't really worry about it...but you can always a pee on a stick and see.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 9:49 PM on Mar. 19, 2012