Is there any other way to make picture frames without using wood?

Any ideas here would be helpful. I was wondering what other things could be used to make a picture frame. I am not sure if anything can be used, but I am really wanting to try this but couldn't think of anything. Any suggestions would be great thanks.

mimioester

Asked by mimioester at 11:23 PM on Mar. 19, 2012 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Do you have a pinterest account? There are lots of great ideas over there. You can use any type of metal. Do you know how a storm window is put together? You can actually use that same idea to make a picture frame. There are little corners that fit inside the metal frame. You can remove those and adjust the sizes. Also, if you like the vinyl wall clings, there is a set that are for picture frames.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:29 PM on Mar. 19, 2012

• Well I've known people to make them out of Popsicle sticks but those are, of course, wood. You could use old puzzle pieces or paint a cereal box cut out frame or you could even just get some glass cut to size and glue the picture to it.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 11:31 PM on Mar. 19, 2012

• Foam core, decorate cardboard with just about anything...
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:33 PM on Mar. 19, 2012

• i used an old yellow file folder when i was a kid.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 11:37 PM on Mar. 19, 2012

• You can use cardboard or a book or pvc you cn use mose anything that you can cut throulf and yet it till sturdy or that you can join in a shape. You can use juice lids. you can make frames out of cloth.

Maybe if you give some idea on how you want to use the picture and frame we could help better or sizes or something else to go on.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:40 PM on Mar. 19, 2012

• Anything in front of you could be used to make a picture frame. Have fun!!!
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 12:48 PM on Mar. 21, 2012

• You can use cardboard
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 3:38 PM on Apr. 8, 2012

• you could hot glue anything! lol I plan on making a picture frame our of hotwheels. If you have kids... use all the small toys from the bottom of the toy box! like legos, army men, buttons, ect. Another idea is buy a frame from dollar tree and wrap different types of scrap fabric around the wood frame and then just glue the back onto it then the photo will slide in between the fabric frame and the backboard. I also have made matching magnets and frames. I use beer bottle caps. I am only 21. lol so i gather a bunch of different brand and typs of beer, wine coolers ect. and i glued popsicle sticks together then painted them and very closly glued on the bottle caps & then i got some clear paint stuff... idk what it is called. but i painted all of it with that so it made it shine. it turned out very nice actually. it sound kinda of tacky but it was actually pretty.
    jennifer_oakley

Answer by jennifer_oakley at 12:15 PM on May. 4, 2012

• duct tape, artificial flowers, buttons, glitter. i have Tons of ideas.!
    jennifer_oakley