What do you believe happens when you die

motivesmom

Asked by motivesmom at 3:54 PM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• You go to heaven or hell depending on whether or not you've accepted the gift of eternal life given to us by God through the death of His Son, Jesus Christ. If you have, God is your Father. If you haven't, Satan is. So the question is: who's your daddy?
    ProudTexan71

Answer by ProudTexan71 at 5:27 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I believe when a person dies they go immediately to their eternal destination. I believe if they have put their faith and trust in Jesus Christ for salvation they will join him in heaven. If not, they face eternal death.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 4:02 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Just that. You die. No light at the end of the tunnel, no pearly gates, no lake of fire, or seventh circle of hell. That is why it is so important to make the most of this life, we aren't given a second chance.
    OOHPFG

Answer by OOHPFG at 4:06 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Depends on who dies and under what circumstances. A good moral person or christian dying under natural causes would most likely move on to heaven. A bad person, murderer, probably the same they go straight on to get theirs. A person who is basically good or had their life taken might end up stuck here because of unfinished business or b/c they aren't aware they are dead. Ghosts in other words. So depends on the circumstances and all.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 4:13 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• "Just that. You die. No light at the end of the tunnel, no pearly gates, no lake of fire, or seventh circle of hell. That is why it is so important to make the most of this life, we aren't given a second chance."

This is just terribly sad.  I can't imagine the lack of purpose you must feel.  That would depress me.

ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:15 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Nothing - just like before you were born
    TristanM

Answer by TristanM at 4:15 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I'm not sure...I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I know this might stir up some other conversations but I kinda go with with Sylvia Brown the physic says. You can look at it on her website....I think it is www.sylvia.org
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 4:27 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• This is just terribly sad. I can't imagine the lack of purpose you must feel. That would depress me.

K. So theists are the only people on the planet with purpose? Explain that one to me. While you think it is terribly sad, I feel terribly liberated.

OOHPFG

Answer by OOHPFG at 4:29 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• We believe that when u die the angel of death will come and take out your soul You will wait untill judmentday the end of time. Like in the Noah when god destroyed the world we believe that there is and end of time. When judment day comes each person will wait to meet with god. They will be judged on the good deeds and bad There whole life will be played back to them. God will then chose what is his destionation A very punishing hell or a very rewarding heaven ( there is alot more detail in this in islam but i do not know it all ) see alot of people think that islam isnt a loving god . WE have alot of punishment in hell yes but i look at it like this Why dont you run a red light? why because you dont want to get a ticket or crash you are affraid of the punishment I believe that in order to obey god you have to have love and fear to be a god fearing person
    muslimmom

Answer by muslimmom at 4:31 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I have a great deal of respect for science. The law of conservation of energy states that energy can neither be created nor destroyed. At a molecular level, we are beings of energy. Our soul, that shich animates our physical body is likely energy...

Given that scientific law, I have come to the conclusion that when my body cases to live, the energy that animates it goes somewhere. where it rejoins a single, huge pool of energy (God? Heaven?) or hangs around in a little energy pod (soul) ready to come back to another lifetime, I do not know.

I tend to believe that God (the source of energy) is in each of us, and like water poured down the drain, to return to the ocean, our own energy will become part of the ocean of energy afte we die.
    lawmom623

Answer by lawmom623 at 5:00 PM on Jul. 19, 2008