Does it ever stop?

My kids are 8 and 10. They argue CONSTANTLY. They are driving us crazy. Does it ever stop? What ways have you stopped yours? I expect them to argue at times but this is nearly every waking moment. I can't take much more of it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• mine are fourteen and seventeen and they used to argue alot but now they are pretty close. still argue at times but nothing like it used to be. when they start getting older they will lose the interest in the fighting with each other. and start fighting with you lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:23 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Nope it never stops. Sorry lol. My kids are 3, 8, 15, 16 and 19. My 19 yr old comes over to argue with her brothers. Her fiance is one of 7 kids and let me tell you a story. He and one of his brothers got into an argument over a jacket. I bought the fiance a new jacket, the brother took it and didnt bring it back. DDs fiance took his brothers clothes he had at his moms house and burned them, in turn his brother burned the new jacket. After they made up and laughed about it. But no it never stops and you figure they are 24 & 29.

Answer by gemgem at 8:24 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• my dd is 11 and my 2 sd's are 10 and 9 and the 11 yr old and 10 year old fight over the stupid things. and would come running at me 90mph to solve there delema. i learned to tell them fight it out yourselfs. and they do. they may stop talken to each other for an hour but after that everyone is talken. now i let them do this but if i hear hitting i will intervean but all in all its just yelling. i dont think it will ever stop but you never know there might be peace when there in there mid 20's lol. good luck hun xo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:33 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I don't think it stops at all. I have a girl 6 and boy 10 and they both argue. They have separate bedrooms but still find a way to fight and argue. I have to ride my son in the front seat with me or they are in the back fighting. I don't like to ride kids in the front but feel I have no choice.
    Normally I separate them when they are arguing and once things have calmed down I make them hug and tell each other they are sorry. That works for about 2-3 days before they are back at it again.
    MrsTGray

Answer by MrsTGray at 10:09 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• When we're driving it's terrible too. I have a van and make one sit in the way back and one sit in the middle. Then I have to have them sit diagonal from each other too because they'll kick the seats and pull the others seat belt. As I said, it's constant and maddening.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• "I don't want to hear it!! You are sisters and are supposed to love each other!! If you can't say something nice..."
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 11:51 AM on Jan. 22, 2009