Should He let me know?

Ok my man goes to work and the gym except on days i go to class then he just goes to work, we have a 2 year old son so if he changes his plans to go over a friends house before coming home is it wrong of me to be mad when he doesn't tell me about it until he's late coming home? I mean i don't care that he goes over his friends i just think it would be nice for him to give me a courtesy call " hey i'm running a little late thought i'd swing by such his faces place for a min k see you soon." what do you think is it wrong for me to ask for him to call me if he's going to be late cause he went over to a friends?

DragoFly

Asked by DragoFly at 8:24 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• Nah its not wrong to ask him to call if hes going to be late. At the same time I know how it can be just swinging by someones house then all of a sudden 2 hours has passed.

Answer by gemgem at 8:27 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• been there. my dh would never call me and i would sit here starving but not eating because i was waiting for him. after a while i blew and told him about the curtosey call. let me know when you will be home so i can do dinner. only thing he does now is still be late i will call him and say thought u were leaving at this time? yeahhh sorry running an hour behind. i would be upset but only cause i did dinner in time for him to come home shower and then dinner would come out of oven fresh and ready for him. i think its a man thing there missing that phone button...
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:38 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• no, it's not. he should want to be home w-you and your son. my husband rushes home to be with us and I'm so thankful he's that way, has been since the day we met, he puts me first
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 8:58 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• If you are married to him, you have every right to ask him to call you. It doesn't mean that he will. If he doesn't, it means he is a very inconsiderate husband. If you are not married to him, he is a single man and you do not have any rights to ask him to call you. That's one of the reasons he has chosen to remain single--he has the benefits of marriage without the responsibilities and he likes it that way.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:28 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Yes I do think he should call. I'm a worry monger and to keep from worrying a phone call would be considerate.
    MrsTGray

Answer by MrsTGray at 10:18 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• not at all!! my husband does the same thing, and i hate it. we have a right to know, and it drives me crazy when he comes home late and it just comes out 'oh i was at so and so's playing cards and having a beer' thats fine, but your not in high school anymore you have someone to answer to. just tell me! i agree with you! i always tell him what if something happened to you? when should i start to worry? if i dont know whats going on i flip out.
    TARA26

Answer by TARA26 at 11:22 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• It is a considerate thing to do as part of a household- even our adult daughter keeps us aware of her whereabouts (she lives w/ us) because it is part of family responsibilities to NOT WORRY YOUR LOVED ONES!!!

mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 11:41 AM on Jan. 22, 2009