What could be causin this?

My almost 4 year old son had a "bug" on Christmas....we all did. Stuff comin up and out from both ends, but that was it. No fever, stomach pain, no other symptoms.....
Now, the past few days he has it again.....He'll puke, then be fine....He'll fill his diaper, but with no complaints of stomach pain.....
I have no clue what it is! Food alergy, saminila????? What else could it be? Any advice would be great!

TheLostMuppet

Asked by TheLostMuppet at 8:48 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Health

• It could be an intolerance to a new food or even a preservative in a food, or a bacteria infection, stomach flu or salmonella.
    Symptoms of Salmonella Poisoning
    Symptoms typically show up 12 to 72 hours after infection, last 4 to 7 days, and most persons recover without treatment. The most common symptoms are:

* diarrhea
    * fever
    * abdominal cramps
    If youre concerned and its lasted longer then 72 hours you should take him to the dr either way.

Answer by gemgem at 8:56 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• It's most likely a virus. Maybe he was not quite over the first one, or he caught a new one. It could be bacterial, but it can be hard to tell sometimes. The key factor here is, is he hydrated? Anyone will lose lots of water when they are vomiting & having watery lose stools. There's no telling sometimes where it came from. I would worry most that he is getting enough liquids. There's no real reason to take him to the Dr. until he is dehydrated, & you will tell if he is or is not. Make sure he is urinating. Lack of urination is a good sign that he is dehydrated, also crying with no tears. This is very serious, & he should be taken to the emergency room for fluids. Otherwise, kids usually get over it within a few days. If it lasts any longer than 3 days, take him to the Dr. There is not much they can do before that other than wait it out like any other type of virus. Good Luck!

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:58 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• My entire family is all sick with t he same symptoms, and I live in Illinois
    dawnmitchell

Answer by dawnmitchell at 9:13 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• We've all had it too.... off and on since around Thanksgiving. Nothing to keep the kids home from school, and the baby kinda spits up, something he hasn't done for about 6 months, and poops twice as much. Something to think about.... and I know it's an "old wives tale", but when my LO is cutting teeth his stomach always bothers him. Could he be cutting molars? It could aggravate a little virus, IMO. Hope he feels better soon!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 9:50 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I'm going thru the samething here with 3 kids. And I'm in MD..
    Craftiejean

Answer by Craftiejean at 12:56 PM on Jan. 22, 2009