Time management?

Has being a mother turned you into a pro or a failure at time management?

I'm convinced it ruined by ability to keep tabs on time. I used to be early for everything and I don't think I've been early since the birth of my daughter...and being on time is good for me.

I just got a cold reality check this morning. I've got today and tomorrow to get everything done I need to do before the baby comes on Saturday! All the last minute shopping, cleaning, assembly, packing, plus I've got to try to do an entire week of school before then.

What am I doing on CM again? lol

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 9:02 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Just take your time that may be hard to hear. Group together things that can be done, and also try to employ the help of others that know your situation.
    dawnmitchell

Answer by dawnmitchell at 9:10 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I am awful at getting somewhere on time. But as far as getting things done in a day I am ok if I have to be done with everything by like 5 I am usually done with it. I like to dance while like cleaning at the house. I turn on the music super loud and my son and I dance together. And when I have to go to the store I like power walk to get done quicker(you know the longer you are in the store the closer you come to a yelling kid)LOL. Don't stress. Good luck! and it is good to take a break and get on here!!
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 9:34 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I try to make all my appts for later in the afternoon like around 1 because if not by the time I get my daughter up and dressed, get myself a shower and dressed Feed her breakfast and etc its like almost lunch time lol but making things later in the day is just easier for me and it keeps me on time. When things are for 9 am or so then thats when I start running late for everything.
    andrea_smkns

Answer by andrea_smkns at 9:42 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I think I am pretty good about managing my time and appointments. I do have to write things down and I have an alarm set on my phone for ten minutes before it is time to go pick my son up from school so I can wrap up whatever I am doing at the time. Having someone to be responsible for 24/7 does tend to make one more responsible.. At least for me it does. Some people I know tend to lose all their brain cells and are totally all over the place and can't remember anything after they have kids. :)
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:41 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I think I was pretty overwhelmed just thinking about all the crap I had to do, but if I just keep plugging away doing little things, they get done. I'm feeling much better about things. I'm going to get as much as possible done today so I don't feel overwhelmed tomorrow.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:45 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• time is not my friend

lol
    HAUTMAMMA3908

Answer by HAUTMAMMA3908 at 1:48 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I think we as Moms overschedule ourselves. I feel the need to just relax for an hour to 3 everyday. If that means I have to pass on invitations or imagined obligations, so be it. I think everyone should put their feet up every day.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 2:47 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• There's no doubt, moms are actually quite GOOD at time management. Yes, my clients need help with various aspects, but for the most part, mom's are rocking! Don't overschedule is a huge part of it. Keep track of to do lists like crazy (preferrably in electronic format so its portable). Most of all, plan ahead, plan ahead, plan ahead.
    Cheers,
    Jen Woods, Time Doctor.
    TimeDoctor

Answer by TimeDoctor at 10:24 PM on May. 11, 2009