Has anyone tried the nurtrisystem!??

Did it work for you or is it a joke!?

KylonsMom

Asked by KylonsMom at 9:05 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Well, my husband and I were going to order it. My BFF ordered about 2 weeks before we made a final decision. When I told my friend our plans, she laughed and told me I had to come over and see the "food" before we placed that very expensive order...and before she returned it for a refund. The food is freeze dried, like astronaut food. I don't think all of it is freeze dried but for the most part, yeah, you have to add water to it before you cook it. It looked like cardboard. I can't imagine what it would taste like. Since it's about the same price just to buy Lean Cuisines or something like that, with REAL food. We've been doing that instead.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:10 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I've talked to two people that tried it and both said it only works because the food is so gross you don't want to eat it anyway. The woman actually said it made her feel sick. the man tossed it out and went for McD's. roflmao
    Hartless

Answer by Hartless at 11:51 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• My in-laws did it. They told us the meals were small and tasted terrible, plus it was expensive. The breakfast bars (we were told) were the best tasting.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 4:29 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• considered it, but heard too many stories like these on it! LOL...
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 6:04 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Don't even waste your money. Diet systems don't work. Why? Because you can't eat that crap forever. The only thing that works is changing the way you eat and exercise. Don't starve yourself but cut back the portions, watch the calories and learn how to prepare healthy meals for your entire family. Good Luck!
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:38 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• My sister and I tried it 2 years ago and wanted to each lose 10 lbs. Well, after LOTS of gasiness and hilarious jokes between us a/t "the food of the day"..... we accomplished our goal. It was not fun, but I have to say that the lbs. DID come off. I'd love to lose that weight again (can you tell I gained it all back???), but you couldn't pay me enough to go back on that diet. I love good tasting food TOO much to be doing this silly diet.

Marie Osmond....MORE POWER TO YA', Girlfriend. You are one of the few people who have said the food is DELICIOUS. I guess I'd say that too if I was getting paid millions to endorse a product.

Good Luck! Weight Watchers is still the best diet on the planet....
    mamika

Answer by mamika at 9:27 PM on Jan. 22, 2009