Does ovulation bleeding happen before or after ovulation

We are TTC and I have been recording my temp,CM, CP, and using OPK, and that all has been a little confusing.

A few days ago I MIGHT have gotten a positive on the OPK ,but I am not sure it was really hard to tell. The day before was negative and the day after was negative. DH and I BD anyway to be sure. NOW I have been having some spotting. I have heard of ovulatory spotting and from what I have read about it so far that seems to be what this is. BUT the only thing I haven't been able to get a clear answer on is if it happens BEFORE or AFTER ovulation. If that OPK was positive then I would guess after, BUT my temperature is still low. It hasn't gone up at all, and I haven't noticed too much fertile CM. So maybe the OPK wasn't a positive and the spotting means I am about to start ovulating?( I have irregular periods so I don't know when I ovulate OR when AF is going to show up. I am on CD42 out of I THINK a 60 day cycle.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I usually have a little blood tinged EWCM and that always happens before I ovulate. I haven't really heard of anyone having it after ovulation. Do you have PCOS? I have a mild form and your description kind of reminds me of myself. If so, then OPK's are pretty unreliable for a person who has PCOS. Not to mention with your periods being so irregular, you have no way of knowing when you are gonna O, so you don't know when to start taking the OPKs. If you wouldn't mind sharing your chart link, I would be glad to take a look at it and see what I think. I also have had spotting during an annovulatory cycle where I didn't ovulate at all.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 10:40 AM on Jan. 22, 2009