Would you feel bad for this?

I go to college.. last year I got on financial aid for being a single mom, however I got married shortly after getting approved. I went to school last semister and this semester I didn't register for classes. I felt guilty because I would have only taken a class or two and i would have gotten a check with the left over money which would have been like 1000 dollars. So I didn't register because I am not a single mom anymore. It isn't too late to register for classes, I'm considering registering for a Chem class still. Should I do it, or just wait. I feel like i'm taking advantage of the system...

What do you think

And I'm making this anon so no one sees who I am and bashes me LOL

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• you need to register even if you feel like your using the system because you need to go to school nothing is better than a college education dont feel bad go take that class
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 9:42 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I know how you feel I wouldn't want to take money out of the system if you could afford to do it without having the assistance. Can you just cancel the financial aide and pay for the class? If you got a check you could always send it back with a note attached. I can imagine that never happens...it would be funny to watch them try to figure out how to process it. I would sign up for the class don't miss a semester because of it...but if you are having these feelings you should find a way to not benefit from the system.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:15 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Follow the system's rules. I would encourage you to keep at the classes. My aunt, years ago, went on financial aid and Welfare to attend school. She became a doctor:-) She went back to the Welfare office to pay them back for the help she received--of course, they thought she was nuts:-) But continue the classes one way or another:-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• At least your not frauding the government for welfare and married. It's for a good cause. Handle your business. U got my vote. REGISTER for class
    MrsTGray

Answer by MrsTGray at 10:21 AM on Jan. 22, 2009