is my baby colicy or is she just fussy due to her teething?

my daughter cries alot, but not alot to me to think she is colicy. but my dad thinks he knows everything about her, but only spends time with her when i have to work[3 days a week], now his lady friend who im not fond of says she has colic, but i dont think so. she is teething, so i know she is gonna be fussy..but how much is it fussy before its colic?

Brooklynnsmami

Asked by Brooklynnsmami at 4:19 PM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Colic is uncontrolled crying for more than 3 hours a day, for more than 3 days a week, for more than 3 weeks. It's a fancy way for doctors to say "we don't know why she cries." It's also gone or nearly gone by 16 weeks old.

If she doesn't cry with you but she does with others, it's not colic. If it was colic, she would cry no matter what you did or who she was with - that's the "uncontrolled" part of the definition.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:31 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• With true Colic the babies cry for hours at a time and there is nothing that will console them.
    campeno

Answer by campeno at 5:29 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• She may also have reflux.
    cadences_mom20

Answer by cadences_mom20 at 6:19 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• OH MAMA U WILL KNOW WHAT COLIC IS TRUST ME!!!!! LOL COLIC IS SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF THEIR LUNGS CRYING HYSTERICAL ULL THINK THE POOR THING IS DYING. FUSSINESS AND COLIC IS LIKE MARS AND EARTH ULL KNOW THE DIFFERENCE TRY TEETHING TABLETS SEE IF IT HELP IF IT DOESNT AND HES STILL FUSSY THEN ITS PROBABLY BELLY ACHES BUT GIRL COLIC IS A MOTHERS HELL...ULL KNOW WHEN UR THERE LOL
    ShYmAmA08

Answer by ShYmAmA08 at 6:41 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• ANOTHER THING NOT TO IMPLY THIS JUST SUGGESTING BECAUSE I KNOW HOW IT IS BEEN THERE DONE THAT...MY SON WILL CONSTANTLY CRY IF HE DOESNT LIKE WHOS HOLDING HIM MAYBE UR THOUGHTS ABOUT THIS LADY MAYBE UR CHILDS AS WELL...BABYS DO SINCE WHOS HOLDING THEM.. BUT ITS SOUNDS LIKE TEETHING
    ShYmAmA08

Answer by ShYmAmA08 at 6:43 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• if you have to ask is this colic, it's not. trust me!
    katiesmom123

Answer by katiesmom123 at 7:57 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I agree with katiesmom if it was colic you question would be OMG how did other parents of colicy babies do it. I feel like I might go mad. My nephew was colicy and OMG it was a constant, cry that only stopped when he was to tired to cry.
    ilovemybananer

Answer by ilovemybananer at 10:24 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• She is probably just fussy. Just like other women have stated, if it was colic you would definately know. My son had colic...he would cry between 3-10 hours a day. Lots and lots of crying!!
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 10:35 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• My daughter had colic for 2 hrs every nite, and I found an OTC med called Colic Calm that I ordered online. It is all natural and homeopathic, and let me tell you its like liquid gold. Works amazing. I highly recommend this product. Couldn't live without it. It also works for teething and Hiccups too!!
    AlanasMom323

Answer by AlanasMom323 at 10:50 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• oh girl if she had colic you would know it! maybe she is bored sometimes, or not full? a little hot or just cranky!
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 12:04 AM on Jul. 20, 2008