shoudl we get married?

well im 17 ill be 18 in aug my boyfriend is 19 he'll be 20 in sep we been together for a year now and we have a baby on the way in sep we was thinking about getting married after the baby is born.I know we are young but we plan to stay we each other till death so no rude comments plz. or should we wait a lil while longer to get married ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Only you can make this decision.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• i agree with anon BUT only get married for the right reasons, there's too many divorces.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 9:52 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• you should make the deicison i personally waited until i was older but if your ready to make that commitment you should
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 9:54 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Without counselling I wouldn't get married that young even though you think you can get make it. With good counselling while pregnant through a minister, Catholic Services, or cilnic, something like that ongoing after baby born you might make it. Him being your best friend too in the past and now while pregnant is important. It's great that you know marriage might not work. See if both of you maybe families too can get counselling. Hope your families are supportive for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I was 18 when I had my son and hubby was 20. we got married 5 months after my son was born. I love my hubby and we were going to get married anyways before we found out I was pregnant. I know he is the one that was made for me :) So it really wasn't questionable. But make sure your ready for a LIFELONG commitment. Don't go into thinking well if it doesn't work out we'll just get divorced. Make sure you know you BOTH want to be together for LIFE. And make sure you do pre-marital counseling.. it helps sooo much!!
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:58 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I got married as soon as I tunred 17 and I was not pregnant. It is sooooo f-ing hard to be young and married. A year later we threw a kid into the mix and it got even tougher. We will have been married 3 years this yer and I am pregnant again and we are working through it. However, why get married? It's not like you saved yourself for marriage and ar ing doesn't mean anything, if he's already had the cake. JMO. Oh, and if you have to ask a bunch of strangers weather or not your should get married, I'm guessing no. (cont...)
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 9:58 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• (cont...) Not bashing, just telling the truth. If you get married will you have a place to live? Can your afford to take care of your baby and bills? We spend over $2,000 per month on just basic bills (house payment, utilities, food) Plus you need gas, diapers, ect. I dont even know all the bills someone with kids might incur because we use cloth diapers and I breastfeed, but I know it's alot. Things to think about before you jump the gun.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I would wait. Sure you plan on being together now, but what happens when the stress of parenthood builds up...and it will. Is your relationship strong enough to last that? I think that you should just wait....work on your relationship...make is stronger. There are too many diviorces with young parents....worry about getting on your feet as a young mother...everything else will fall into place when it's time. Don't rush...you'll regret it later on.
    Lacey1012

Answer by Lacey1012 at 9:59 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• No
    CarrienKansas

Answer by CarrienKansas at 10:13 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I don't see anything wrong with it, as long as you are not doing it because of you being pregnant. I married my DH at 19. We have been together since I was 15. In february it will be 6 years of being together (not married, that's only 2.5 lol)

celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:27 AM on Jan. 22, 2009