Would you name your sons or daughters the same middle name?

My sons name is Tyler Anthony Marcellus, after his dad Hugh Anthony Marcellus. I'm expecting....very early but was thinking if I have another boy I wanted his middle names to be Anthony Marcellus too. What do you think?

NJMom2Tyler

Asked by NJMom2Tyler at 9:51 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 1 (-15 Credits)
  • No I wouldnt, but thats just me.

Answer by gemgem at 9:54 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Nada for me,When I was in school.we had two brothers,one Paul James,and the other James Paul,and they hated it,please take time ,and think of the child.I love the name Anthony,that is my hubbys name,and I would have had an Anthony,if I would have had a boy.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 10:00 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Yes. All of my kids will have Ismail as their middle name. Its the Muslim tradition that the kids take the fathers first name as their middle name.
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 10:02 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• No I wouldn't, I have way to many different names that I love that I wouldn't miss and opportunity to use another one of them!
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 10:06 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I wouldn't unless it is a cultural or family tradition.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 10:13 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• It's really your call. There's no right or wrong. My father's middle name is Anthony, so my four brothers took on the same name instead of having a junior and only ONE gets the name.

My son took my husbands middle name and if I had more boys they too would have the same middle name. "Lee"
    TexasSweetheart

Answer by TexasSweetheart at 10:22 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• When I had my fourth baby, a girl, my 22 year old daughter was so excited because she had wanted a baby sister for so long. She specifically wanted to share her middle name with her sister, so, we gave her the middle name, Nicole, just like her big sister.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 10:22 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• All my boys (five of them) have the same middle name, Jon, as it runs in my husbands family so we kept the tradition. And they also have another middle name picked by me and my husband together. And if we do have a girl we will choose bth her middle names.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 10:37 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I think Anthony has been done enough in your family. Branch out.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 2:27 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• My husbands middle name is Lynn, our sons middle name is Lynn and both his boys have the middle name of Lynn, I call them my lynns. The youngest feels a special as his brother and father when it comes to the name lynn. I love it, Go for it !
    ImpalaMama

Answer by ImpalaMama at 5:35 AM on Jan. 23, 2009