What causes a 3 year olds breath to smell like fish when he first wakes up?

It is more noticeable in the morning when he awakes.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Kids' Health

• spolied milk? Not saying your not brushing the teeth but try brushing the tongue to remove food particles and bacteria that way and see if it helps.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:02 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Make sure he is brushing his teeth before bed. Some people just have bad breath?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Make sure you are brushing his teeth and cleaning his tongue and nothing to drink accept water after that....milk and juice at bedtime turns to sugar in their mouth and causes their teeth to decay on top of it "souring" overnight inside their mouth. I am a dental professional.
    Anonymous

• original poster

I brush his teeth and tongue myself. I did find that it may be a health problem. Thanks.
    Anonymous

• Hello,

My son does have the same thing. His breath smells like fish in the morning. He is turning 3 and has been like that i think since he was a year and a half. Please let me know what you have found out. thanks
    Anonymous