Parents of K- 12 child.

Please be very specific is for a college assignment.

a. What is your impression of your child's teacher(s)?
b. Does your child like her/his teacher(s)? Why or why not?

Jamie8788

Asked by Jamie8788 at 10:00 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• I only have one child in public school and hes in hs which means he has more then one teacher. My impression of most is that they are over run with work, want to teach kids their views of the world then teach curriculum, when they do teach they are concerned with end of grade tests and scores then anything else.
    My child does not like his school or teachers and sometimes feels like some of the opinions from class to class differ. For instance his science teacher will talk about politics and his history teacher will talk about math. He doesnt feel he is respected in his views if they differ with the teachers on things that arent black in white. In all likelihood after this semester he will be homeschooled.

Answer by gemgem at 10:11 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• My sons Kindergarten teacher is really good, I just don't like the candy rewards.
    My son loves his teacher, she makes him feel very good about himself.
    My older son is in the 6th grade, he has 5 different teachers through the day, the only thing I know is he loves his homeroom/math teacher.
    His science teacher bothers him, shes older and more outspoken then his homeroom teacher. I don't really know the other teachers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• A. My impression of my 2nd grader's teacher: I love her. We have been very blessed with the teachers he has been assigned, so far. I feel like she is very thorough and uses creativity to teach. She really understands his interests and strong points! She also sends a weekly letter home explaining to us what she did with the children that week.
    B.Does my child like his teacher: I have asked him this question on several occasions and he always says yes! I also, know he likes her because he is always talking about her in a positive way and he comes home from school in a good mood:)
    Hope that helps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Thank you to all the mommies you where a lot of help!
    Jamie8788

Answer by Jamie8788 at 10:29 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• A. Impression of the teacher: Love her. She cares about the kids, works hard to ensure they learn, goes out of her way to be there for the kids and to assist the parents in any way they need to help the student. Probably gets paid way less than she deserves considering all she does (true for all teachers, I'm sure, but she really goes above and beyond). She's very loving towards her students, making them feel very comfortable not only in the classroom, but with coming to her if they need help or have a problem.
    B. Does my kid like her: He loves her. He has ADHD, and she is very understanding and very good about working with him and not making him feel bad for something he can't really help (we're working on that part). He loves that she listens to him, truly listens, and that she helps him whenever he needs it.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:32 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I believe my child's teacher is a flake. I don't like her. I don't think she likes my kid. My daughter likes her just fine, but I don't bad mouth her at all.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 2:23 PM on Jan. 22, 2009