will this work?

okay my wonderful idiotic husband started putting the baby in our bed when she was two weeks old she is now fifteen months and still sleeping with us. she has her own room her own little toddler bed and will not sleep in it. so i thought maybe if i put her bed in our room and got her to sleep in it on a regular basis in there and then when she got used to that move it back to her room. do you think this will work or am i wastin my time?

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 10:12 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i'd make your hubby sleep on the floor with bailey in her room til she adjusts to it :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:14 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• try it you never know i might work it might not
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 10:17 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• First of all, I don't think you should be belittling your husband for doing what he felt was best for your child. Co-Sleeping is so healthy and natural for children and parents alike, It promotes closeness and well being. But anyway, If you really don't want to sleep with your child anymore, I would think putting her bed in your room would be a good idea.
    http://www.breastfeeding.com/reading_room/co_slepping.html
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 10:20 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• navywife. how do you know it wasn't out of laziness?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• well navy-wife you don't know my husband so i will belittle as i see fit thank you. and co sleeping is not really healthy i mean it hasn't prevented her from catching colds or getting a belly ache just cuz she is in my bed.not trying to be ignorant. i love sleeping with her but i don't want her in my bed when she is six and seven.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:29 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I think I might skip straight to trying her in her room in her bed. Otherwise you are creating multiple steps that may not be neccessary. It couldn't hurt to try. Worst case it doesn't work and then you try her in your room with her bed. Good luck!
    PS Men are especially lazy at night!!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 10:41 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• That is what I did with Killian...and it worked. It took awhile and a lot of screaming until he understood (it was also because my HUSBAND WAS TOO LAZY JUST TO ROCK HIM TO SLEEP AND PUT HIM IN HIS CRIB WHEN HE WOKE UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT WHEN HE WAS A BABY-HE WOULD RATHER JUST BRING HIM IN OUR BEDROOM)
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 10:43 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• well she used to sleep in her bed during her naps but for some reason that stopped also. so i think this is my best shot i am going to give it a try and see if it works. thanks guys
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:47 AM on Jan. 22, 2009