Do you feel, as a mom, society does not allow you to make mistakes or ask for help without labeling you a bad mom?

super_mommy4

Asked by super_mommy4 at 10:20 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes, I think society has made it difficult to parent without fear of what might happen.
    Its silly and we shouldnt care but most do.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 11:30 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• No, not really... It depends on the issue... I have no doubt that one day in wal-mart i have been labled a "bad mom" cause my bratty kids... That the way ppl are, thats the first thing that come out of there mouth...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 10:27 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Depends on what youre talking about. Everyone makes mistakes its the nature of those mistakes and how they affect the safety and development of your child that matters and determines if youre a bad mom. For instance, you forgot to give you kids tylenol when it was due. No that isnt a bad mom thats normal forgetfulness. You dont bathe your kids for a week, that makes you a bad mom. See the difference?

Answer by gemgem at 10:29 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• ya know i don't let what people think bother me. i do the best i can for my kids with what ive got and they are loved happy and healthy so i must be doing something right.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:31 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• No, I don't think so. I think very few people in society judge others based on a small mistake. BUT there are certain things that do make someone a bad mother, and can't be considered a mistake (in my opinion). Over all, I think people recognize that everyone makes mistakes and you can't claim that someone is a bad mother based on that. Sure there are very judgmental people in this world, but it doesn't change the way I parent... I guess I just don't care what other's think haha.

I have made mistakes, and can own up to them. There are things I will change with the new baby, and things I wont. Good parents learn and don't repeat the same mistakes over and over etc. You know?
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:37 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Honestly I do not give a rats ass what society thinks of me...I am just one out of millions of moms out there. If anyone thinks I am a bad mom or just a bad person at all..
    they just do not know me..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:46 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I think some PEOPLE make judgements but I don't think society as a whole does regarding mistakes.
    cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 11:27 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• No I don't feel like I can't ask for help without being looked down upon. Money is tight right now. The school has a food program where they send home food every weekend with kids that could use it. We're on it because I mentioned it would help. No one thought I was being an awful mother because I needed help. You might just be surprised if you ask for help you might just get some and a little compassion too!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 2:14 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I was out with my 3 children at the time and my girlfriends 3 kids and her daughter started to take off running through this enormous store, she called several times for her daughter and then exhausted, finally caught up with her and spanked her bottom she got some snarles for it and folks were looking in shock, that is when she said with the most serious look on her face to the couple turned around looking, would you like some of what she is getting when I am done, there faces were PRICELESS! I have not gotten that brave yet, but getting there, Truth of the matter, Mind your business unless the child is bleeding, loosing blood knocked unconcious, or loosing limbs.
    PeridotBeauty

Answer by PeridotBeauty at 2:20 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Depends on who your friends are and what the mothers intentions are.. Hopefully we all surround ourselves with people who understand that when kids are born, they do not come with a book of instructions. Life is about learning and growing. Mostly the only way to learn and grow is by making mistakes. Judge not or they will be judged as well..:)
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 8:19 PM on Jan. 22, 2009