IF you believe that God created Adam and Eve... Or creation in general w/o evolution...

Where did all the races come from? I believe in creator assisted evolution. But I was doing some reading and one of my text books was talking about the different adaptations that people have made to their suroundings, thus forming the different races. So, my question is if you don't believe in evolution at all, where did these rases come from??

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 10:20 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• God. There's really no other way for me to explain it. Not trying to be nasty, but that's how I see it.
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 10:22 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• From God. God created us all in his image and I dont think race has anything to do with it. We are all the same. Were all human, we all bleed, have the same parts etc. God created man and woman.

Answer by gemgem at 10:27 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I believe that when God confused the languages and scattered the people after the tower of Babel incident, (Genesis 11) the people adapted to the specific region they ended up in and that gave us the different races.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 10:28 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I have heard that it has to do with climates and locations and making do with what you need around you. Just like we no longer need certain organs that we used too, same with wisdom teeth, etc.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 10:29 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I agree, we are all human. But lets face it. There are different races... African Natives Have Darker Skin, So do South American Natives... Northern Euro Natives Have lighter Skin and Hair and Asian Natives have an extra fold of skin to protect their eyes. These are all obvious adaptations to their surroundings. So, if we didn't evolve, how did all this happen?? And if God steped in and helped those that moved to places where they needed these adaptations why are African American Babies still Dark Skinned? They don't need it here...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:31 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Again an echo'er but from God. I know that at one point, he did change the color of Cain's skin and made his skin dark to punish him for his sin against his brother. It doesn't specify if he was made a certain race that we are familiar with today...but it does say that part. Also during the tower of Babylon, when the language of all the people was changed to different languages so they couldn't communicate...I don't know if their "race" was also defined at that moment or if it was something that evolved over time.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 10:31 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I agree with Blessed Mommy.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 10:31 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

It does not say Cains skin was made dark.
    Gen 4:15 And the LORD said to him, "Therefore, whoever kills Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold." And the LORD set a mark on Cain, lest anyone finding him should kill him.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 10:33 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• well in the bible it talks about the tower of babble...i cant quote it....but once many people were building a tower they wanted to make it so high it would reach heaven....(at the time everyone had the same language) maybe they were all of one race as well....well neways...God was displeased with them trying to build the tower...and he made it where they were no longer speaking the same language....they couldnt talk to one another anymore and understand esachother...so they could continue building the tower..CONT...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• CONT......everytime they talked to eachother it sounded like a bunch of babble...hence the name "tower of babble"...maybe this also had something to do with the races being separated? but i think before that there were egyptains..i know that the arabs came from abraham....cheating on sarah with his egyptian servant...and they had a son named ishmael(SP?) and that is how that race came aout and that is where the war between Israel and arab nations started..cuz when sarah and abraham had their son....he was the chosen one to clain the land...but ishmael thought he should be the one since abraham was also his father....but he was concieved out of sin....so he couldnt be.
    Anonymous