Is there such thing as customer service anymore?

All I usually seem to hear from family and friends is how if you're not in a expensive store cust service sucks even when you call for help for whatever, what are you thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have to agree on this one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• There are some reallly bad companies out there. MCI and other phone companies seem at the top of their customer service problems. I wouldnt have ph service or dsl is it was free, they were terrible. I have never had any problems in stores and places like that though unless I was dealing with some teenager who was new and just didnt care.

Answer by gemgem at 10:35 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Not just in a store but like the customer service centers for like warrenties or credit card companies
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• No I don't think so. I think bad customer service is more prevalent but I do not thing good customer service is out the window.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 10:36 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• OMG NO!!! have you ever tried to call comcast cable or sallie mae? hate dealing with them almost worth it to never get another stu. loan.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• YES! I talked to my sister about this the other day. Try to get someone to help you bag your groceries, let alone get something heavy out to your vehicle. I'm overdue pregnant and I bought a dishwasher the other day and they sent me out the door with it like "good luck". It took me asking for help and then waiting for 20 mins to get someone to help me get it out.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:47 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• people do the most minimal work they can do while on the job...and you would think if you're treating them politely that would make them want to return the action nope. customer service is lazy!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• i agree customer service sucks and i hate when i have to call them over the phone
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 10:54 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I've worked in Customer Service now for over 13 years. What I've noticed is that the CUSTOMERS are getting worse. They don't just expect you to kiss their butts and to give them everything for free, but they expect you to do it with a smile. People are RUDE and they know that if they scream, shout and throw a little fit, the managment will give them anything they want even if it's against store policy. You get what you give- remember that.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:55 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I would say it is 50/50 on this one. It depends on who your dealing with and how you go about dealing with them. I had student loans go into collections and had to deal with a company called DCS which has a very nasty rep. I was really nice to them and they went out of their way to help me. Now my loans are all caught up and they sold them back to the gov who let me keep paying the amount they set up so they are still being paid. Now on the other hand no matter how nice I was to capitol one they would not work with me at all. I tried numerous times to set something up with them and got snotted off at every turn. Now Verizon if you can get a person isn't too bad it's getting through the voice system that I can't stand.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 11:20 AM on Jan. 22, 2009