Anyone have a membership to the YMCA?

Is it worth it? We don't have a pool at home & I was looking thinking I could work out there while the kids are playing and then we could all enjoy the kiddie pool. Whatcha think?

allord

Asked by allord at 4:31 PM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Health

• i had one for years until i moved....our family LOVED it and i got in great shape...there are tons of classes you can take for free or really cheap if you are a member...we got discounts on their afterschool and summer programs too....also, they have a program where your fees are reduced if you are low income, which is great....i only paid about $20 a month for the whole family
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 7:08 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• We had one for about 6 months and decided to let it go. My kids were always getting colds fom the daycare there and when they're coughing, they are not allowed to be dropped off. When they were finally healthy, I was sick and didn't feel up to going to work out. I don't feel like it was worth it for us since the kids were always sick.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:04 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Cool! Thanks for the info!
    allord

Answer by allord at 8:40 PM on Jul. 19, 2008