Butt Pain...

I am wondering if anyone has found a way to relieve sciatic (sp?) nerve pain during pregnancy. I asked my dr... he said to lay on my side and pull my leg up to my chest. I am 34 weeks along... not sure if he was trying to be funny, but I don't think my knee will be seeing my chest anytime soon ;) I've tried a heating pad, but that only seems to work for as long as I sit still. It's pretty severe pain, sort of like being stabbed in the butt cheek whenever I take a step.

kris.aguilar

Asked by kris.aguilar at 10:41 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• There really isn't a lot you can do. I had it from about 16 weeks on, and it just got worse and worse. Heat is good, and you should be sleeping with a pillow between your legs. Good luck, I'm sorry I'm not more help!
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 10:43 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Does it go away after you deliver?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Yeah, the dr also said to take some tylenol and it would feel better in about six weeks. funny guy.
    kris.aguilar

Answer by kris.aguilar at 10:48 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• yeah theres is nothing much you can do but at least your doctor is funny my doc has no sense of humor at all and she pretty much just tells me to stop crying about it because it wont last forever
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 11:03 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I just asked my doc about this last week and she recommended the same things - tylenol, heating pad, and also said I could see a massage therapist or chiropractor if really unbearable.
    Good Luck!
    L_Bass

Answer by L_Bass at 12:04 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I am 34 weeks and have the same problem and have for about 10 weeks now. It seems to just get worse and I have tried everything. My Doc just said I am sorry, it will get better once you deliver.
    Keene

Answer by Keene at 1:02 PM on Jan. 22, 2009