child abuse?

okay i have a 3 week old and a 3yr old that i took to walmart. my 3 yr old was riding on the cart... like holding on to to outside part. she decided to jump off while i was moving and i ran over her a little but she didnt cry and out of fear i yelled you need to tell me when you want to get off you could of got really hurt!! while i calmed down and told her she had to walk next to me my 3 week old started crying... me losing my mind i forgot her bobo. so off i go to get one from the baby section. she stops and falls asleep. as im loading my car a police officer comes up and says someone reposrted you were running over your kids and they were crying. well he looks at my kid who has a new toy and is happy as can be and my 3 week old sleeping! am i the only one who thinks this is crazy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Jul. 19, 2008 in General Parenting

• I think that is crazy...peoploe just dont know when to mind their own business!!! I know a friend of mine had a similar encounter when her and her mom were getting ready to go into Jo-Ann fabrics and Her boy who was like 5 at the time was throwing a fit, so they sat in their truck and said they weren't getting out till he calmed down(something like that all I know i they were sitting in the truck untill he calmed down) And some lady came and tapped on their window and said...excuse me is there a problem? They said ummm with what?? They told her where to go and she got in her car and got on the phone and started taking down the lincense plate. They went into the store like normal and just ignored her. No police ever came tho!! That is crazy that that happen to you. People report stuff like that and yet no one sees when a child is sexual abused or really Beat on a daily basis. Thats sad :(
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 4:50 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Try to look at it this way... a fellow shopper saw a little bit of an everyday family drama and was concerned with the little bit she saw. She made a judgement call based on what she saw and did what she could to make sure two small children were safe. I know I'd be upset too but try to remember that someone was trying to look out for two small children.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:09 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• A similar incident happened to me, but I was the kid. We were in a restaurant, I was being a brat so my dad decided to take me outside to out car. Well, I was throwing a tantrum and didn't want to go out to the car, so he picked me up and carried me out. Next thing we know the cops came and said they got reports that I was being kidnapped! It was the absolute most embarrassing moment of my life, my dad's life, and my family's life!
    People just need to learn to stay out of other people's business!
    CaylaLU

Answer by CaylaLU at 5:35 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Have yall ever heard of people that DID kidnap someone and there WERE witnesses that did nothing? I'd rather the latter. It's not like anyone who has posted here was arrested.
    Anonymous

• RESPONDING TO KAYCEE14... YES SHE SEEN ONE TINY PORTION OF MY LIFE WHICH IS A MOTHER SHOPING WITH TWO KIDS ONE A NEWBORN THAT CRIES AND A 3YR OLD WHICH I AM STILL TRYING TO GET USE TO DOING THINGS WITH THIS WAS MY 2ND TIME OUT BY MYSELF WITH THEM. WHAT ABOUT PEOPLE WHO SEE BRUISES AND MARKS OVER KIDS AND DO NOTHING? I WASNT BEATING MY KIDS OR CALLING THEM NAMES OR DRAGGING THE AROUND THE STORE. IT WAS UNCALLED FOR AND IF MY KIDS GOT TOOKEN AWAY FROM ME FOR SOMETHING THIS STUPID IT WOULD DO MORE HARM TO THEM. IT WAS STUPID OF THIS LADY AND I SHOULD HAVE MADE THEM PLAY THE RECORDING BACK AND GOT HER FIRED.
    Anonymous