I have pain in my buttocks and thigh

I sit most of the time at work and my thighs and butt hurt its like an uncomfortable pain. When I am sittin on my couch at home I have to switch sides from my left to my right everytime I start to feel the pain it is like every 10 minutes. Sometimes when I am driving I have to do the same thing move around alot because of this pain. Does anyone know what this could be.

Heaven0802

Asked by Heaven0802 at 10:44 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Health

• Are you sitting too long during the day? Have you tried to exercise or stretch to see if that helps?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Sounds like maybe a pinched nerve. Just a guess on my part. Sitting only aggravates it more so I would suggest when at home try not to sit too much. I know that is not easy to do.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 10:53 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I would try doing some daily exercise and see if that helps loosen things up.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 10:53 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Well I went to the dr. and he suggested stretching I have been doing it but it still is the same at home I probably get to sit down for about an hour or less because I am to busy cleaning and getting baby ready for the next day and at work I tried standing more but I still have these pains. I am gonna start the px90 exercise routine starting next week so I will see if execising help out with it thank you ladies for some info.
    Heaven0802

Answer by Heaven0802 at 11:04 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• It's the sciattica nerve, and it's very uncomfortable.
    imacafemom

Answer by imacafemom at 11:04 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Sciatica- yoga and stretching will help but be gentle and don't overdo it.
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 12:46 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• You probably have a pinched nerve or maybe your tailbone is bruised?
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 1:45 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Sounds like your sciatic nerve. I have had problems with mine for years. I have a bulging disk and a protruding disk, and when one moves "out of place", it pinches my nerve. I never really have back pain, per say, but the pain in my left buttock and down my left leg can be very painful. Do you ever get any numbness in your legs or feet? I know for myself, the more sedentary I am, the more stiff and achy I get. Hope you feel better.
    Jakesmom623

Answer by Jakesmom623 at 8:24 PM on Jan. 22, 2009