Is your Childs school exchanging Valentines?

My daughter is in Kindergarten and they said they are allowed to exchange cards as long as they bring one for each child. Many other schools are banning this celebration so no child's feelings are hurt. Does your local school allow this?

lilymama03

Asked by lilymama03 at 10:46 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes, but they aren't allowed to put any other children's name on the card because one kid may get hurt that another got a better card. To me it sounds a bit off. We didn't have to worry about that crap when I went to school. We had to have enough for everyone but we were allowed to label the cards to who we wanted.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:48 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• You know its funny, my son's school doesn't notify us when they're having little parties and even award ceremonies!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Yes they are...My daughter is in Pre K...they did not mention anything about not putting names on the cards though...I think this is cute...it gives them a chance to share and give.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:13 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• My kids school exchanges velentines cards and has a party.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 12:13 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• As long as your child passes a card to the whole class this is allowed.

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 1:38 PM on Jan. 22, 2009