How do you make Baked Potatoes?

I want to make baked potatoes but cant find any info to make them. Anyone have any idea

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Wash them, poke holes in them with a knife and pop them in the microwave.
    MyMayBaby_Chloe

Answer by MyMayBaby_Chloe at 10:48 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• LOL

put them in the oven til soft

you wash them first (rinse with water real well.. poke holes.. wrap in foil bake at 350-400 for about an hour or so til soft

or just throw them in the oven after you clean them and poke hole
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:48 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I just wash them and wrap them in aluminum foil and bake them in a 350 degree oven for about an hour (for a medium size potato).

Answer by admckenzie at 10:48 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• easy way...

wash them and then stab them with a fork a couple of times. then put them in a brown paper bag (like the small lunch ones), losely roll up the top of the bag and put them in the microwave for 5-10 minutes. voila, baked potatoes :)
    aml8808

Answer by aml8808 at 11:03 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• U WAS THEM REALLY GOOD AND POKE HOLES IN THEM WITH A FORK AND STICK THEM IN OVEN ON 450 FOR 45 MIN TO AN HOUR
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 11:08 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I scrub them really really good....poke um....grease them with Crisco or EVOO...roll them in sea salt and bake them...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:24 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• teehee...i only came to this poll to see if it was real. #:)
    personally, i am wash-poke-microwave kinda girl. but in reading the comments i remember helping my mom with tatos in the pre-microwave days...yes, i am OLD. we had some kind of special aluminum(?) potato nails that we would insert into the tatos after scrubbing, before oven baking till soft to the squeeze. they cut down the cooking time by conducting the heat through the middle, i'm assuming.
    toritoritori

Answer by toritoritori at 2:14 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I scrub, rub with olive oil and sea salt, and bake at 375* until fork tender. And I don't cut them open, I just squeeze on the ends until the center splits and opens. A little butter, fresh black pepper, and paprika...yum
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 3:32 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• toritoritori- I remember the potato nails!! :) hehe
    I wonder if you can still find those these days?
    jespeach

• yes potato nails are still available. If you put the potato in the microwavew it will have a soft mushy skin and cook unevenly. Better in a hot oven after srubing. I never poke holes is mine! I have baked millions of potatoes this way being a retired chef! Extra crisy crust oil and salt!
    They take about an hour to bake. less if smaller more if bigger.
    You should buy a good basic cookbook like THE JOY OF COOKING.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:22 AM on Jan. 23, 2009