WHO INVENTED THE DOUCHE???

Who invented the douche, I know you are not supposed to douche before you go see your gyno because it takes away the acidicity away from the vagina (the natural juices...lol) and they can not get an accurate reading.
The douche is to help cleanse the vagina, but I thought that was what our periods and discharges are for in a natural way and that is why we shower as well.
I guess some need it more than others, then they need to go see a gyno for sure.
What are your thoughts? Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You not supposed to at anytime.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Oh, hell it was probably a man who invented it. Did you ever see the vagina monologues, where she talks about how it's not supposed to smell like a flower or anything else, it supposed to smell like a vagina? Funny stuff.
    Douching is not so good for a woman, and yeah, like you, I think if a woman feels the need to do it she should go to the doctor and figure out what's up down there.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 11:02 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• MEN DID!!!! Who else?

Don't ever douche. It's horrible for the ph balance down here. Warm water will do the trick. If your smelly down there, go to the Dr. You may have some kind of infection.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:03 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I was told by a gyno to NEVER douche... ever. It casues yeast infections because your washing out stuff that needs to be there. If you smell funky see a doctor something is wrong. I have a friend who douched every month after her peroid and couldn't figure out why she got a yeast infection ever single month. I told her what the gyno told me and she stopped guess what? So did the yeast infections.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 11:10 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Here you go, according to the Practical Manual of Obstetrics (page 327) (published in 1884) a dude by the name of Kiwisch invented the vaginal douche in 1848. It had been talked about by, yet, another dude named Schweighauser in 1825.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 11:11 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Bet you thought his name would have been Summers Eve, huh? Haha :)
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 11:13 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• two guys named piss and vinegar..
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:14 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I don't douche EVER! Oprah had a gynie on and she said it was so bad for you...kills the natural flora and fauna in your body...so unless directed by my gynie..which is never...i don't use them.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:19 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I was told not to douche, too.

Here is an informative web site: http://www.womenshealth.gov/faq/douching.cfm
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:51 AM on Jan. 23, 2009