Can you have a gallbladder attack and it not be serious enough to take out the gallbladder?

I went to the E.R and they said that I had a gallbladder attack but it can't be removed because clinically it isn't bad enough. also they did a ct scan am I able to get a copy of that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Health

• I had several gall bladder attacks when I was younger (middle school age) The Doctor I saw said they weren't that bad and I was young so he wouldn't touch it. Then I was walking around the mall on Black Friday (perfect day, right) in the 8th grade and it was so bad I blacked out and was vomiting blood. They took it out that time. The doctor I saw that time said the first doc I went to should have taken it out and would've saved me the problems of it rupturing. Just beware, when you get your gall bladder taken out you will most likely have SEVERE heartburn and TERRIBLE, as in the MOST terrible gas pains you have ever had in your life. I get them especially bad when I am pregnant in my first trimester. But it's better than gall bladder attacks. I would get a second opinion.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 11:03 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I have had them. Mine is actually caused from a overactive gallbladder, and they said they wont remove it.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 1:23 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• You have a right to a copy of any of your medical records. I had my gallbladder taken out and never even had an "attack" of sorts. I went to the hospital for tests of a dull ache in my side (I have had several kidney stone issues), and they found gallstones. I was referred to a surgeon, and he went ahead and took it out because he said he would rather take it out now (since I had the presence of gallstones) than see me at a later date for an emergency surgery.
    Jakesmom623

Answer by Jakesmom623 at 8:18 PM on Jan. 22, 2009