is it ok to drink coffee while preggo???

i wake up with a cup of coffee every morning! but latley i have heard that it can be bad!! Im trying to cut bak but its not easy!! is it really that bad!!! i mean its not like im smoking crack!!! ............

deann_corral

Asked by deann_corral at 11:01 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, in moderation
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I read in the baby mags and asked my OB, they said no more than 2 cups a day is ok.
    Anonymous

• Yep its fine. I used to avoid caffeine and with my 4th my ob told me there wasnt a reason to. That there are no links between caffeine use and any developmental issues like adhd or anything else. In fact those are all genetic not caused by caffeine. He also said obviously you shouldnt drink 20 cups a day or sodas a day bc thats bad for anyone pregnant or not. Caffeine in moderation is fine and should be looked at the same as when not pregnant. Dont go overboard it isnt good for you either way but sure enjoy that coffee in the morning.

Answer by gemgem at 11:04 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• its fine i drink coke all the time and my pregnancy is fine
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 11:04 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Well, my Dr. Said no more than 4 cups a day. I don't think i could have survived pregnancy without my daily cup of joe. It did wonders for my tired butt.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:06 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• 4 cups?!?! That seems like a lot. I was always told no more than a cup a day. The same goes for soda or tea as well.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 11:07 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Well, i only drank 1 cup a day. But yup, that's what my Dr. Said, & my sisters Dr. too. And it is also listed on one of the popular baby books. I forget the name, but it's a classic.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:09 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• i drink coffe daily i limit myself to two cups a day but my dr says its fine our baby is measuring just fine. I wouldnt drink more then 2 cups a day thats whats recommended they say no more then 2 cups a day.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 11:13 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• No, you can have up to two cups a day. I'm drinking half/caff. (half regular, half decaf) coffee right now.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 11:13 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• i only drank 1 cup a day pre preg and my doc said its fine to keep up with that as long as im not drinking a lot of caffeinated drinks otherwise
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 11:18 AM on Jan. 22, 2009