What is your take on this?

I know a lot of you don't like YouTube, but this is from C-SPAN, I am curious what the thoughts are on this proposal? How does it make you feel?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opxuUj6vFa4&eurl=http://www.cafemom.com/group/530/boards/read/7310610/No_stimulus_money_for_white_males

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Found it - 28:58. There is no other context. That is the entire comment, everything before and after is a different subject. Ridiculous.
    What he goes on to say after isn't any more comforting - we need to make sure we don't have too little government involvement and we need to do so as quickly a possible.
    Thomas Jefferson is spinning in his grave.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:26 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• i don't go to youtube so I have no idea what you are asking about
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 11:07 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• If they actually go through with something like that it would be a civil rights violation and I for one would be the first in line with my white lawyer suing.

Answer by gemgem at 11:07 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• So, they don't want white male construction workers. Well I guess that leaves a lot of people sitting in the dust. My brother is a white male construction worker with less than a high school diploma, he has a disabled wife and 3 kids. He works when there is work, the rest of the time they live on her SSI or they have to go beg for food stamps. If they were people of color they would have section 8 housing, and many other subsidies available. People like those 2 on the video make me sick. White people have a right to food, clothing, housing and education too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• That video is rediculous. If you can get me one this is not cropped and only shows a few statements then I will give an opinion.
    Anonymous

• Shouldn't the jobs go to the most qualified workers? If you are using the infrastructure they are building, wouldn't you want the most qualified people doing the work?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• anon 10:11, what exactly is it that you don't like about the video? It's from CSPAN. Is it that it makes them look like hypocrits? It's reverse descrimination. I thought it was determined that descrimination of any kind is bad. But what do I know?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I watched part of that live and was shocked by what was said. I understand we want to help the poor and uneducated but why not teach them a skill then they are on the same footing as the skilled workers? My dad is a construction worker and he is white he still has children at home to feed and bills to pay. He grew up dirt poor and worked his way up in the world and now owns his own company. He was given nothing he earned it all even when Carter was in office and things were worse than they are now he managed to find a way to feed his family. Affirmative action needs to be done away with not used more widespread.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Hatred and discrimination is ugly and wrong, no matter who is indulging in it. It's just as evil to hate white people for the color of their skins and it is evil to hate black people for the color of their skins. It is time to get over this divide and treat ALL people as equal. Sure, we have a history of past discrimination against African-Americans in this country, and indeed there is the legacy of slavery and those are terrible things, but the pendulum has swung too far in the other direction now. Affirmative action no longer levels the playing field, it tilts it against white people, and contrary to what some believe, there are still white people who are unbelievably poor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Sounds like reparations.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Jan. 22, 2009